PGM80P - Worth buying? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

PGM80P - Worth buying?

Hi all,

I have been looking at the PGM80P for a few months now.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_...259&color=CL01

I didn't think these were coming to OZ so haven't bothered looking but there actually is a handful available in OZ (less then 10).

The main issue is the price. Retail is about $2200 AUD and I have been told that the absolute best price I could get would be around $1800 AUD (roughly $1400 usd).

So this begs the question, is this guitar worth the money?

If it wasn't for import tax + post I could almost buy a brand new J custom for that money, which is a very big turn off, but the PGM80P looks very unique and has a lot of features that I like.

What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 07:07 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: PGM80P - Worth buying?

One member bought one just recently and has stated how happy they are with it. They do look like a cool guitar.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Yea I saw that actually. But it looks like he got an epic price though (around $1500 aud).
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-19-2015, 07:40 AM

Don't have one, but if it was in the USA, YES!!!! Everyone I have seen is a 2 piece body. This 22 fret RG has the same profile as the RBM except it was 430mm, this one is 400mm. Check out the review on YouTube by Ibanez UK. I think you would love it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 06:08 AM

Nice looking axe, and pretty attractive spec.

Ash body, vintage trem and PAF style pu... getting that early VH vibe .

Tags
pgm80p , premium

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode