Pic updates - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

Pic updates

Some of the more recent acquisitions. Terrible photography, but you should get the basic idea:

2004 PRS McSoapy, natural top;
Fender Custom Shop Flat Head
2007 PRS Swamp Ash Special, vintage cherry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 04:55 AM

Re: Pic updates

I like looking at the red PRS with my eyes.

Chris
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 11:13 AM

I, too, enjoy looking at the red PRS with my eyes. My eyes come in handy for doing things like that.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 06:35 PM

beautiful guitars, specially the red prs, did it come stock with the middle singlecoil?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 06:46 PM

Nice guitars man, the swamp ash is killer, what about the fender?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 06:48 PM

oh!!! nice guitars!. I love the maple fingerboard one
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 07:08 PM

I was thinking about the Swamp Ash Special at one point, what do you think of it? I'd really like to know. I've been a fender guy all the way from the start, but if you think the SAS is really worth it, I'll take another look into it.

And those are some sweet axes man.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

Where to start.... no love for the McSoapy? Those P90s are something else!

Swamp Ash Special: everything's stock on this - neck and bridge are PRS Swamp Ash specific.. slightly hotter McCartys I believe. Middle is a Duncan Hot Rails and it's outstanding. VERY hot and loud and far less volume drop when you switch to mid. Nine tones in all with coil tapping.

It's very versatile, but don't expect to hear a Strat with the tap on .... it's a single sound, but no quack. The HBs are pretty powerful and very nicely balanced with a good mid-range response.

As for PRS, I was never a great fan of the looks, but then I picked one up. While the neck is nowhere near flat (wide-fat on the SAS) it's immensely comfortable, which is how I'd describe the whole guitar ... they sit well. BlindingLights: You'll either love them or hate them, and the only way to tell whether it's for you is to give it a try. Definitely reminiscent of both LPs and Strats in most features.

Flat Head: this was the one used by Slipknot wasn't it? It's been described to me as a Showmaster, but it's a bolt on, so I'd rather describe it as a souped-up Strat. No versatility whatsoever: volume control only + EMGs, this guitar is purpose built to make noise ... I rarely plug it in. The big BUT here is that everything about it is perfect - the neck is absolutely magnificent and it's an absolute pleasure to play. I traded my VG Strat for this, no regrets whatsoever.

A couple of Ibanez went on the SAS, so currently I have: 2005 JemVWH, 1991 Jem BFP, 2004(?) RG7621Ltd, 2007 PRS SAS, 2004 PRS McSoapy, 2003 PRS SE Standard Camo, 2005 Fender Am Del Strat QMT, 2007 Fender Custom Shop Flat Head, 1999 Washburn P4 Dlx.

Problem: I'm really happy with everything I've got.... no trade ins or ups for the next serious GAS attack.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyH View Post
volume control only
I love simplicity, for me the ideal would be 1 volume pot + dimarzio or SD...
Nice ebony board too...

Tags
beautiful guitar , coil tap , coil tapping , duncan hot rails , fender custom shop , jem bfp , maple fingerboard , swamp ash , swamp ash special

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

V-Amp firmware updates
jemsite VRG updates?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode