Picked up a PRS Custom 24 - at the cost of all my "non-signa - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Picked up a PRS Custom 24 - at the cost of all my "non-signa

I picked up a {gasp!} Paul Reed Smith this weekend, and paid too damn much for it... It's just a generic looking trans-purple Custom 24 with a couple of good nicks in it on the bottom edge of the body and some worming on the back from a belt buckle, but it has the sweetest neck in the world! I picked up this guitar on a whim and couldn't stop playing it - it practically played itself! And when I plugged it in! :love: After an hour and a half of fighting it, I decided I had to have it and traded in my RG550, 540S and 540P toward it *Oh well, those guitars never saw more than cursory action with my Jems around, anyway... And it was time to regroup on the gear front and pare myself down to the bare essentials - my wife has decided we need a new house, and put the kybosh and any gear acquisition until that goal is achieved - of course, I have pencilled in a "studio room" as a requirement of any future living quarters :biggrin:

...so here I am, having finally found that rarest of things, the PRS I like, after having played many that did not impress me in the least...

...on a side note, I let my Universe go as it was too hard on the old wrist - I'll miss it more than any of the others, mais c'est la vie...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 10:04 AM

Picked up a PRS Custom 24

Congrats man!

I wasn't too sure about the playability of my PRS...I bought it without playing it! (that's the only way I could afford one of course!)

My is a Custom 22, emerald green 10 top, birds and trem. *Its such an AMAZING guitar! *My fingers just seem to fly over te fretboard and is has the sweetest TONE!

Along with my new EBMM *JPM this PRS is one of the best non-Ibanez guitars I've ever touched! *:biggrin:
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 10:45 AM

I've been quite fond of PRS' since I got my first- a '99 Custom 22 w/ the Artist Package (purple quilt). *Love it! *Great tone, incredible playability, killer looks...it's got it all! *Likewise, along with my EB/MM JPM, it's one of my favorite non-Ibanez axes. *

Chris' is killer too...gorgeous top! * Almost wish I didn't sell it to him. *
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 09:21 PM

ITS FOR SALE!!

NOT! *:biggrin:
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 12:55 AM

http://www.photocountry.com/users/78...0in%20case.jpg

thats my BRAND NEW paul reed smith custom 24.

a beauty no?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 06:16 PM

I like it!! *After a few Ibanez's, a Les Paul, a decent Fender Strat, and a nice acoustic 12-string, I'd buy a PRS. *:biggrin:
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 09:21 PM

Funny thing is, I've had mine longer than I've had most of my Ibanez axes *Bought it brand new in '99 on a whim, and fell in love with it. *

Definitely a keeper! *
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Two hands31 on 6:16 pm on April 10, 2002
I like it!! *After a few Ibanez's, a Les Paul, a decent Fender Strat, and a nice acoustic 12-string, I'd buy a PRS...
Actually, I've got all those except the acoustic twelve, not to mention a couple USA Jacksons, a Gibson SG and a Parker Nitefly besides; and my Seagull Artist is a sweet acoustic guitar even with only six strings...

...and my wife doesn't mind!!

I'm truly blessed

chris ~ that's a stunning Custom 24; mine is very plain beside that, with just a loosely figured top (maybe a 7 or and moon inlays (not to mention a couple good dings) but I played a new one in the store today and it left me as flat as most PRS's have in the past, so I feel really good about finding this one, that fits me just so damned well...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 09:42 PM

Oh yeah, add a Parker and a 6-string acoustic in there...and maybe a 5-string bass for fun. *:biggrin: *
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 11:05 PM

i only paid 1500 for it too, thats why i got it. I was going to get the Jp-MM, but a 1500 custom.......no way would i let that slip me by
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2002, 02:01 PM

Congrats Jimi D. *Although I still love JEMS/Ibanez, I'm sold on PRS. *Awhile back I picked up the Custom 22 w Artist Package and stop tail. *I can't get over how easily that axe plays and how warm it sounds. *Then I had to pick up a McCarty Rosewood to see what all the fuss was about. *Talk about a singing sustain and killer playability. *The tone is much more Ibanez with that slightly darker tone. *

I guess I'm really turning into a PRS lover. *I have to say the setup always seems killer and they just seem to have so little buzz with great low action.

JC
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 01:55 AM

Congrats on the PRS. I'd say after Ibanez, Jackson, ESP, Parker, PRS is almost my favorite.

Tags
acoustic guitar , fender strat , ibanez guitars , les paul , paul reed , paul reed smith , reed smith , string acoustic , string bass

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode