picked up replacement for S2020xav - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

picked up replacement for S2020xav

i just re-strung (10-52), set-up action ect., oiled the neck and polished it really clean - a (practically NEW!) Parker Fly P-38. it is black w/ a white pearloid guard. she is very nice and i got a VERY fair deal. i needed an electric that sounds like an acoustic for my duo gigs. i have a very nice Tacoma DM16 CE2 that plays and sounds great but i like to be able to do bends and leads (ala Hendrix) and the acoustic wears me out. i still use the Tacoma but swap back and forth a lot.
i'll post feedback after i try her out at the gig tonight. she sounded great thru a Peavey Ecoustic 110 and split into an Ampeg JetII. very impressed so far.....

Music is something bigger and greater than myself and I'm just glad to be a part of it. -TJ

A wise man once told me, "never discuss politics or religion in a disco enviroment" -Frank Zappa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

i used the Fly with a stereo Y cable sending the acoustic signal to a Peavey Ecoustic 110 EFX (AWESOME amp!!) and the electric signal to my Ampeg Jet II (15wtt 1x12 class A tube amp) and being able to blend both signals sounded HUGE! i got a lot of compliments on the tone(s). i actually didn't pick up my Tacoma for the whole gig- and the gig is an acoustic duo!
i would like to get the frets crowned and polished to be able to have the action a bit lower. i put Ernie Ball 10-52 strings on her and that wasn't wise . my hand is pretty sore as i'm usually using 10-48 or mostly 9-42 on most of my electric guitars. my finger tips are a bit raw and my index finger on my fret hand is very stiff and a little sore at the nuckle.
i'll put standard 10's on her and i should be o.k.. i do like the guitar and it will stay in the "family".
stay tuned for next time when you here me say, "I just got my Ibanez RG620x!"....same bat channel, same bat time... (it will be here next week)

Tags
electric guitar , ernie ball , parker fly , tube amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode