Pickguard question RG2XXV - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Pickguard question RG2XXV

I am new here & expecting a new RG2XXV tomorrow. My plan is to make it all kinds of crazy colors,pick-ups,knobs & tip. I hit a BIN on eBay for a pickguard that is from Pickguard Paradise. I assumed that it would be the same as an RG350 PG but he is wanting an exact trace of it. Would any of you know if my PG is the same as the other models? I was more hoping to enjoy my guitar when it came instead of immediately breaking it down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 01:18 AM

Reviews: 2
Re: Pickguard question RG2XXV

Your better off making the trace. Even if it's the same as a previous model 350, it may not be the same as a current 350. The trem routes have changed making the cutout on the pickguard different. Do yourself the favor of sending in an exact trace. It may take more time, but the saving of headaches will be well worth it.

Welcome to Jemsite Twisty!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I guess that is probably best,it might make it easier for the next guy wanting one Thanks
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 12:46 PM

Send a trace... I bought a rg550 pg for my rg1xxv and had to drill new screw holes to make it fit perfectly. I don't mind, but some people do..
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks,yes I am sending a trace as soon as my guitar arrives,it was loaded on an UPS truck and was to be delivered but my UPS guy who lives right up the street from me called in sick Saturday and no one covered his route? So waiting for the guitar tomorrow
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 08:47 PM

Most of the xx guitars are made in Indonesia and the guards are very different and certainly not he same as the rg350. sometimes a trace is advisable, so that you get what you payed for an exact duplicate
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Tommy,I got my PG back and awaiting the switch and caps to put it all together,thanks

Tags
rg2xxv

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode