Pickup help needed! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Pickup help needed!

Im looking for a high output pickup for my 7 string but want to avoid emg's. I was thinking maybe a dimarzio or maybe a duncan invader. Anyone got any suqquestions? Keep in mind I'd like to spend under $100 for the bridge pickup otherwise I'd just get a lundgren.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 09:57 PM

Re: Pickup help needed!

I'm in the same boat. I hear great things about the Evo 7. I'm picking up one of those.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 11:26 PM

Reviews: 5

Evo 7 is awesome bridge pickup. Its a really high output pickup. I have one for sale actually.

Prototype you have PM.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 10:42 AM

You may want to check out the DiMarzio D Activator 7 pickup. Here is the description from the DiMarzio webpage:

"Active humbuckers have a distinctive sound: powerful, clean, open-sounding, with excellent harmonic overtones and very tight lows. This also fits the description of a great 7-string pickup, if the problems associated with active pickups sterile sound and limited headroom could be eliminated. The D Activator 7ô bridge model does just that. It has the same loud yet clean sound as the best active humbuckers, and killer harmonics. The low B string is all about attack, not mud. It responds instantly to hard or light picking. In a word, it rocks. No batteries required."

That being said, I ordered an Evo 7 for my RG8527. Perhaps if I ever have a "metal-only" seven string guitar, I would definitely consider the D Activator since I wouldn't want to deal with active electronics and batteries.

You may also want to go to http://www.sevenstring.org and check out their discussion forum which has many threads regarding pickups for seven string guitars.

Good luck with your decision!

Regards,
Juan
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 12:24 PM

I started the thread "Pickup quest", with similar question to yours. The replies it's getting are making me think seriously the evo7 (I'm 99.99% certain at the moment).

Tags
bridge pickup , duncan invader , output pickup , seven string guitars , string guitars , string pickup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode