Pickup Installation Assistance - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Pickup Installation Assistance

Hey Folks,
I am hopeful that several of you out there are way smarter than me and can help me navigate this installation. I am replacing the stock dimarzios on my ibanez prestige which are 4-wire conductor and connected to a 5-way switch. I have no interest in using a 5-way switch and therefore am replacing the pickups with 2-wire conductor pickups.

My question is, having the braided ground and hot wire, where do i connect the hot wire to? There are 6 contact points on the switch currently being used by the stock pickups (red, white, black and green). I simply want to install them where i can switch between bridge, neck or both.

Thanks in advance,
Mut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 10:22 PM

Re: Pickup Installation Assistance

the hot wire will go to the red wire from the dimarzio. The bare wire will go to the ground. That will get you the bridge bridge and neck and just neck pickup wiring but it doesn't change the fact that you have a 5 way switch and only want 3 positions. You'd probably be better off getting a 3 way switch. I am not sure which switch you have so I can't tell you exactly what your five way switch is going to look like or what positions will be exactly what.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode