Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Aris_T 
#1 ·
Yes it's another "help me choose pickups for my 7-string" thread!

What I'm looking for is great harmonics, clarity and more output than the stock pickups of my 1527.
I would like to try something different than the TZ7/AN7 combo (I have these on my 6-string).

I'm waiting for your suggestions

Cheers

PS: the dimarzio pickup-finding tool doesn't have option for 7-string. WHY????

#7 ·
Avoid the Tone Zone 7, it is rubbish, it really is...

Bridge pickups people like:
Evolution7, BlazeII(Neck -> yep, a fair few people like this), BlazeII(Bridge), Bareknuckle pickups and Lundgren M7.

Neck pickup:
Air Norton 7, Seymour Duncan Jazz 7, Blaze Neck

I quite Like the Evo7/AN7 combo, but if you want something different pair it up with a SD Jazz7, also very nice!

The 59-7 is a very cool neck pickup as well, really really rocky, and the JB7 is cool as well :)

#8 ·
I like the Blaze neck in the neck position. ;) To me it is one of the nicest pickups available for any solidbody guitar. Like James said above, stay away from the TZ7 unless you've already tried it in a guitar similar to yours (same wood, basically) and loved it, because they are not for everyone (some would say anyone!). the Blaze Custom is a nice bridge, and the D-Activator sounds promising as well.

#14 ·
Cool - I ordered the same pickups for my RG8527, but I ordered them in white (matches the fingerboard and headstock binding). I think that on your guitar, white pickups would look pretty cool also. You may also want to change the pickup selector tip to match whatever color you decide to go with. Good luck!

Regards,
Juan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.