pickup replacement for rg2610z - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

pickup replacement for rg2610z

I just got a RG2610z and love it but I'm not really liking the Duncan full shred. I'm looking for something with a little more output and bite to it. Anyone have any thoughts on what a good match would be for this guitar? I'm used to playing guitars that had alder body and JB pickup but not sure if the JB would go well with basswood. Tone zone or evolution maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 09:49 AM

Reviews: 2
Re: pickup replacement for rg2610z

Actually the JB would sound great. The basswood might bring the natural mids out of the JB even better than an Alder Jackson.

For a DiMarzio; the Tone Zone is a no-brainer.....guaranteed to sound good...LOL. I'd also check into the new Dominion's. The clips and reviews I've seen of them sound incredible. I'd love to try a set myself.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 12:09 PM

Please check if the wiring is correct!

I bought mine new,and didnt like the sound.
When pulling it out i realized it wasn't wired correctly.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 10:53 PM

If you want to stay with Seymour Duncans you could go with maybe a DimeBucker(SH-13) or a Duncan Custom(SH-5), or as mentioned a JB Model(SH-4). The JB comes standard on many of the Jackson US Select Series. All would have more bottom end(the JB having the least) than the Full Shred, which going by the specs seems to be Treble biased. I myself have always been more of a DiMarzio man so the aforementioned Tone Zone (a personal favorite) would be a good choice, or maybe a Super Distortion(another personal fav). The Super Distortion has a little more output however may lack a little of the TZ's creamy smoothness.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 11:44 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Post this down in the pickup section for better exposure, but read this sticky and include the info so we can better help you:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f35/be...ps-109555.html

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Starting to like the full shred a little better after messing with my amp controls. I do have to max out the gain on my amp to get the bite I'm looking for but from SD's website, the full shred is a medium gain pickup. From what I've read, the jb will not work well with basswood, so looking more at the evolution and the dactivator. Haven't given up on the full shred just yet though, I'll keep trying it for a couple more weeks and see if it grows on me. Also, haven't played a basswood guitar in years, so I'm getting used to its sound too. I really love the feel of the rg2610z though, very comfortable, killer neck!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 06:11 PM

I had this guitar. I tried lots of pickups, with the Lundgren M6 sounding the best. Try the Evo2. I promise you won't regret it!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 12:20 AM

Reviews: 11

Super Distortion/Dual Sound
Super 3
PATB2

And anything else with good output and mids.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 05:54 AM

Reviews: 120

From DiMarzio - Dominion. It is the perfected Tone Zone for basswood. Tone Zone is phenomenal in alder, but if the basswood is a little muddy sounding the Tone Zone is a little average.

From Seymour Duncan - Custom. It is amazing in basswood. Tried it and reviewed it recently on the Seymour Duncan blog (I write for them).
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 01:36 PM

Reviews: 1

Dimarzio X2N!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode