Pickups - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Pickups

I see sooo many post about guys that own a Ibanez Rg7321 wanna change out there pups?I don't understand why?I got no problem with my stock pups.I use my processor and dial up exactly what I want.Is it because they are just using stomp boxes thru a amp and they need there pups to produce more distortion or they don't have a noise gate to shape it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 07:07 PM

Re: Pickups

I think the main reason I swapped out my stock pickups was cause I heard so many guys doing it.But looking back at it wasn't necessary.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

I've created a patch on my podxt that is incredible!Perfect distortion,gain,delay,eq and most important noise gate.Maybe if I didn't have that patch I would consider upgrading my pups.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 07:22 PM

Reviews: 7

I don't like the stock pups too much, but I can live with them for now. I'm an SH-8 Invader finatic so I'll prolly put the 7 string version in my heavily modded 7321 sometime in the future, just becuase they make pinch harmonics way easier and they sound a lot more meaty.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreds da bluez
I see sooo many post about guys that own a Ibanez Rg7321 wanna change out there pups?I don't understand why?I got no problem with my stock pups.I use my processor and dial up exactly what I want.Is it because they are just using stomp boxes thru a amp and they need there pups to produce more distortion or they don't have a noise gate to shape it?

Some people do not use a processor. Just a wire and a marshall amp.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 08:17 PM

Most of the times, the stock pickup is not hot enough for some. but this falls into what you think sounds good, but you can't deny the differences. Also to change the shape of sound starting in the guitar. For Example I play thru my GT-3 and a power amp and the stock pickup on my RG1527 does not compare to my BC7...tigher sound and clarity...that's the main problem for the stock they can be muddy. and there is nothing better to my that a AN7 to hit those JP solos.

But if you like your p/u that's good...
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Very true Johnmetall there is some mud on the stock pups I'am gonna give the blaze customs a try see what happens.............
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 10:40 AM

shreds da blues can you post a link to that preset? i also have pod xt (only live but should work)
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 10:51 AM

yeah, i own a 7321, and i quite like the pickups. they have some very tight chunk to them. i have though conisdered some new pickups, perhaps emg 81-7 and 707 or some dimarzio blazes, but im not sure if its really worth all of the swapping and money hassle.i dont use a pod or anything like that, just guitar into amp, maybe a stompbox every now and then, but very rarely.i do still want to switch pickups one day when i have the money and don't need to buy anything else at the time, but the pickups on the 7321 really arent that terrible.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 12:31 PM

I like Blaze pickups myself. All my Ibanez 7s have them except my S 7420 which I've kept stock for the same reason. I like them, they simply sound great and everyone else I know that has an S 7420 seems to take them out.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaLDeZ
shreds da blues can you post a link to that preset? i also have pod xt (only live but should work)

I'll post it on custom tone under 7321
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreds da bluez
I've created a patch on my podxt that is incredible!Perfect distortion,gain,delay,eq and most important noise gate.Maybe if I didn't have that patch I would consider upgrading my pups.
Umm..Let's have it !
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Talking Re: Pickups

Go to www.customtone.com its under 7321 my name as author getting alot of downloads enjoy!!!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 03:39 PM

So which is better for high output, pinch harmonic'ed, low tunned madness?

Evo7 or Invader7?
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 05:21 AM

yeah only you have a pack installed which i dont have

but ill share my preset with you, tell me what you think:

Search Custom Tone for "Kattina Tone" or by author "VaLDeZ"

Tags
blaze pickups , dimarzio blaze , marshall amp , pinch harmonics , power amp , stomp box

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode