PICS FINALLY of my custom RG3520 Prestige ALL DONE!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

PICS FINALLY of my custom RG3520 Prestige ALL DONE!!

Here they are. Not the best pics but my camera sucks and I am in a hurry cause I leave for the next tour tomorrow. Anyone in Utah, Washington, Colorado, and Indianna? Make sure you check the tour dates on either my home page or Digitech to come out and see the Digitruck (and see this guitar in person cause I am DEFINITELY bringing it on this tour!!!)

Here is a picture of it from Ibanez's website as it was originally:

the picture was taken by Rich Harris at this year's NAMM (just want to give him credit since its his picture). His picture is much more flattering than the Ibanez homepage picture.

Man this was killing me to see it in "steps" as it was getting done and not be able to play it!! Especially since right after I got the guitar from Ibanez it was sent off to have the new fretboard and inlays put in. Then once I got it back it went to my luthier to have the frets put in and get set up. Only one person out there who sets guitars up as nice as my luthier and thats Rich Harris. If you have ever got a guitar from Rich you know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

Anyhow here she is all done. This will be my main player for sure. I plan on getting another Prestige from Ibanez and then its off to the LACS for a real Ibanez custom. Time to start saving up!! lol

Keep rockin!!

-Rikk Beatty
www.rikkbeatty.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 09:51 PM

Re: PICS FINALLY of my custom RG3520 Prestige ALL DONE!!

That is a classy looking guitar. Very nice.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:01 PM

You gonna swirl it, are those real dimarzios, and cool.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Thanks man. I really like the ebony fretboard on it now over the rosewood it had. I think Christopher Woods did a GREAT job on the flamed maple scarabs as well.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
You gonna swirl it, are those real dimarzios, and cool.
Heck no on the swirl. lol I LOVE the flamed maple top and matching flamed maple headstock. I spoke to Rob at Ibanez about the Dimarzios. They are real Dimarzios but made specifically for Ibanez. They are basically the PAF Pro. I dig the tone from them but I have a couple extra sets of PAF Pro/ FRED pick ups that I took out of my JS guitars to put in color matching ones so I may put those in there. As of right now though..... I am happy with it as is.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:11 PM

woah.....that is freaking awesome
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkbeatty View Post
Heck no on the swirl. lol I LOVE the flamed maple top and matching flamed maple headstock. I spoke to Rob at Ibanez about the Dimarzios. They are real Dimarzios but made specifically for Ibanez. They are basically the PAF Pro.
I forgot to put at the end

I dig it dude.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:50 AM

Congrats! Very nice guitar Love the inlays.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:57 AM

Thumbs up Re: PICS FINALLY of my custom RG3520 Prestige ALL DONE!!

Nice one !
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 12:53 PM

For some reason I can't see the pics, Rikk.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 01:13 PM

It looks great, man!
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 01:39 PM

Very nice indeed!

EDIT: What's the EZ trem like?

Last edited by Veno; 05-14-2008 at 05:30 PM.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veno View Post
Very nice indeed!

EDIT: What's the EZ trem like?
Man the Edge Zero trem is just completely amazing. It really is the best trem I have ever worked with. It has the ability to change from fixed trem to floating just by removing a bar with a couple springs on it. Cool thing is that when it is fixed, you can bend a note and all the other notes dont go out of tune which is what you would expect but what I DID NOT expect was that you can still use the bar (takes a little more to do it though) to go back and forth. Only thing that you cant really do is trills. ALSO the wheel on the back is a WAY cool feature that replaces those 2 damn pesty phillips head screws to adjust the trem angle. I always hated messing with those. Now you can do it by rolling the wheel instead. Also, the ability to adjust the intonation while keeping string tension on the neck is fricken incredible. You just unscrew that little round piece on the trem opposite of the trem arm and screw it into the claw part of the trem for each string (one at a time) and you can adjust the length of the string WITHOUT having to undo the string tension, move the saddle piece, tighten the string up, and then see if you need to move it more and redo everything. Definitely a time saver for intonation.

All in all I think its the coolest trem out there!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 10:05 PM

Whoa man, that's pretty pimp. I am a sucker for flamed maple tops, and you pretty much added the icing on the cake.

I'm sure you're going to really enjoy the guitar. We'll definitely love to see some more pics in the future.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 PM

Not bad man. Enjoy it!

Tags
christopher woods , custom inlays , ebony board , ebony fretboard , edge zero , flamed maple , paf pro , rikk beatty , string tension , trem arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode