Pics of my Pacifica - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Re: Pics of my Pacifica

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezGirl View Post
From what i've read, it seems that it's the newer models people are complaining about. They say they don't have the same quality and feel like the older ones, 012,112 etc. Also, didn't Yahama move operations, which some people say also degraded quality??
This is from reading only, not from personal experience, so correct anything that's not right.
Yikes! That doesn't sound good. As I said, I bought my guitar nearly ten years ago. I haven't tried the recent models. I'm going to have to check a few out. There's a dealer in my town. I should go there soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex10 View Post
a S H I T guitar

I took a lot of photos today. I'm going to see if there's another one that's worth posting.

Myst
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Here's a pic of the whole guitar.

The thing made of twigs behind the guitar is used by my family's cat to sleep in.

Myst
post #18 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst and rain View Post
Thanks guys.

Newbieguitarmaker, Yamaha told me that I can't order a PAC604W from Japan. So I guess that means one can't order a RGX from Europe in the US either. But you could always ask a dealer. You never know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, dude.

I'm going to post pictures of my Ibanez S470IB too. Perhaps tomorrow, if I find the time. So stay tuned...

Myst
my dad might be able to order one because he is one of yamaha's main piano techs so he might have connections. I know i can order parts for guitars at least because i ordered a spare active/passive button for my sheehan bass
post #19 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

That's great! Remember, you can get the RGX in three colors: Metallic blue, Metallic red, Dark metallic gray, and Metallic black.

The guitar looks great, newbieguitarmaker. And I don't think it's very expensive. My Yamaha cost me about $450: a steal.

What color is your Billy Sheenan bass?

Alwin

Last edited by Myst and rain; 03-14-2007 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Added the question about Newbieguitarmaker's Billy Sheenan bass. I forgot to add it the first time.
post #20 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
That's great! Remember, you can get the RGX in three colors: Metallic blue, Metallic red, Dark metallic gray, and Metallic black.

The guitar looks great, newbieguitarmaker. And I don't think it's very expensive. My Yamaha cost me about $450: a steal.

What color is your Billy Sheenan bass?

Alwin
it's the bex-bs i almost got the attitude bass but it was sold the day before i could buy it >_< so it's a pinkish top and the bex is still very nice. Also if i can't import an rgx220 over here maybe one of my fellow European jemsiters could get one and send it to me if i actually got that desperate
post #21 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:10 PM

Nice guitar Myst. The Pacificas rocks .

Regards

André

post #22 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

That Bexbs is cool.

Newbieguitarmaker, if your dad can't import a RGX for you, I would be willing to help you. In the case you can't get one, you could send me a PM, and we'll arrange something with the help of one of the moderators or Glen.

Kind regards,
Alwin
post #23 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
Nice guitar Myst. The Pacificas rocks .

Regards

André
Thanks André.

Alwin
post #24 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
That Bexbs is cool.

Newbieguitarmaker, if your dad can't import a RGX for you, I would be willing to help you. In the case you can't get one, you could send me a PM, and we'll arrange something with the help of one of the moderators or Glen.

Kind regards,
Alwin
thanks, i'll definitly pm you if i can't import it. Also the bex-bs is so nice and the best part about it is that it payed for itself and my mesa cab and mesa walkabout amp with bass gigs!!
post #25 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Here's a pic of the metallic black RGX, Newbieguitarmaker. It really looks great!

There's more here: http://www.musik-schmidt.de/osc-schm...ducts_id=17891.

Alwin

Last edited by Myst and rain; 03-14-2007 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Added the dot after the last sentance.
post #26 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

The guitar is an absolute steal at 339 Euros. I might end up getting one myself, too.

Myst
post #27 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

You could search that site for more pictures of Yamaha guitars. Like this one.

Alwin
post #28 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:08 PM

this one isn't too much more and the neck joint is nicer.... maybe this one then http://www.musik-schmidt.de/osc-schm...ducts_id=10173
my friend is helpin me read this stuff cause she speaks this lang lol and translators suck a$$
post #29 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:11 PM

also i wanted to ask are those licensed floyds on the yamaha's good? i expect them to be because i know yamaha aims at quality all the time and whats with the higher model's trem and that nut and the bar? like that red one up there? are they good?
post #30 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

It's amazing.

As you know, I'd like to have a Pacifica with a Floyd rose original. But this double locking RGX is four times cheaper! Wow... I have something to think about.

Thanks, newbieguitarmaker. Let me know if your dad can get one or not.

Alwin

Tags
chrome hardware , coil tap , custom shop , deluxe strat , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pups , double locking tremolo , flamed maple , floyd rose , floyd rose guitar , guage strings , guitar playing , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , locking tremolo , locking tuners , maple neck , mesa cab , michael lee , michael lee firkins , neck inlay , neck joint , neck pickup , neck position , pearloid pickguard , playing guitar , production model , pull coil , pull coil tap , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pups , sims custom , sims custom shop , strat style , string tree , string trees , wilkinson trem , yamaha pacifica , yamaha rgx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode