Pics of my Pacifica - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:14 PM

Talking Re: Pics of my Pacifica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst and rain View Post
you can get the RGX in three colors: Metallic blue, Metallic red, Dark metallic gray, and Metallic black.
Alwin
that would be 4 colours
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Re: Pics of my Pacifica

I don't know. I haven't played them. But Yamaha pretty much ensures quality, I think. But IbanezGirl did post this the other day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezGirl View Post
From what i've read, it seems that it's the newer models people are complaining about. They say they don't have the same quality and feel like the older ones, 012,112 etc. Also, didn't Yahama move operations, which some people say also degraded quality??
This is from reading only, not from personal experience, so correct anything that's not right.
Maybe I can check one of them out at a dealer.

Anyway, I'm going to go get some sleep now. I have to go to work tomorrow!

Kind regards,
Alwin
post #33 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex10 View Post
that would be 4 colours

Kind regards,
Alwin
post #34 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 08:26 PM

what is that little switch on the rgx420?
post #35 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 06:04 AM

Dudes,
I love yamaha guitars, I have 4 in all. Three electrics and a bass. My Fav model is an old one called and eterna that I think was only avaliable in black.

Myst - how do you host those pictures??? I will put up a picture of my yamahas as two ofthem are HEAVILY modified - I think you will dig it.

Big Job
post #36 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:07 AM

Reviews: 6

Nice Pac... okay about Yamaha lately... most of their guitars WERE made in their own Taiwan factory. My only non-US or non-Japan guitar is a Taiwanese Pacifica 921 in fact. Nowadays, half their line is made in Indonesia. I don't know about you guys but, I shy away from Indonesian made guitars. They're definitely on the lowest rung of the ladder in build quality and tone. Stick to US, Japan, and Taiwan Yamaha models... you'll be much happier.
post #37 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:20 AM

I've just bought one of those 604's and it's awesome!

In fact, I've become VERY fond of the Pacificas. I bought a 521 not long ago too and was suprised to find that it had a beautiful flamed neck and played better than pretty much any other guitar I've had (sounded great too.)

I fancied picking up one of the newer 812's, but they quite stiff and the neck is practically the same on the high-end guitars as it is on the low-end guitars. That's not to say the neck is horrible, just that there is no difference when there should be. I tried it at Sounds Great in Manchester and they wanted £350 for it which I baulked at after comparing the quality to my 521. So instead, I found a 412 advertised locally for a fraction of the price which was loaded with DiMarzio's and felt EXACTLY the same as the higher 812 but it just didn't have the fancied flamed top.

I missed out on a seafoam green 604 recently on e-bay because I asked the seller a question earlier on in the auction and he never got back to me (my own golden rule is if they don't reply, don't bid) which was a real shame. EDIT: I actually DID bid sorry, just not up to what I would've under different cirumstances.

There is a 604 on e-bay for £250 (buy it now) right now and anyone fancying one should snap it up. Great guitar, great price.

Anyone that wants to sell any Pacificas should get in touch because I love 'em

Last edited by Davey; 03-15-2007 at 11:35 AM.
post #38 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 11:38 AM

Check this out:

http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~fdam/060709_010849.jpg

I'm gassing one of those soooooo badly at the moment. In fact, if it had 24 frets and brushed chrome hardware it'd be perfect if ever I had a signature model.
post #39 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieguitarmaker View Post
what is that little switch on the rgx420?
I haven't got a clue. I looked on the internet, but I couldn't find the info. The 420 looks cool. I like the headstock. There's a blue one, which is really cool. I prefer the 220, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Job View Post
Dudes,
I love yamaha guitars, I have 4 in all. Three electrics and a bass. My Fav model is an old one called and eterna that I think was only avaliable in black.

Myst - how do you host those pictures??? I will put up a picture of my yamahas as two ofthem are HEAVILY modified - I think you will dig it.

Big Job
I use www.photobucket.com. You can upload pics and vids in heartbeat there. I can't wait to see you Yamahas, Big Job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotechnology View Post
Nice Pac... okay about Yamaha lately... most of their guitars WERE made in their own Taiwan factory. My only non-US or non-Japan guitar is a Taiwanese Pacifica 921 in fact. Nowadays, half their line is made in Indonesia. I don't know about you guys but, I shy away from Indonesian made guitars. They're definitely on the lowest rung of the ladder in build quality and tone. Stick to US, Japan, and Taiwan Yamaha models... you'll be much happier.
In the pic, the 220 looks like a sturdy instrument, though. On the back, on the bottom there is a oval shaped line, in which you see text which says in which factory it's made. The text is different from my nineties Yamaha, which is made in Korea. I'll have to check the guitar out in a shop, and see if it's any good or not. I hope it is, because I am really interested in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249 View Post
I've just bought one of those 604's and it's awesome!

In fact, I've become VERY fond of the Pacificas. I bought a 521 not long ago too and was suprised to find that it had a beautiful flamed neck and played better than pretty much any other guitar I've had (sounded great too.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249 View Post
Check this out:

http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~fdam/060709_010849.jpg

I'm gassing one of those soooooo badly at the moment. In fact, if it had 24 frets and brushed chrome hardware it'd be perfect if ever I had a signature model.
What color is your 604W, Ibanez249?

My Yamaha is the finest guitar I played so far too. It's amazing. I'm glad to hear you like the pics, Ibanez249. I'll see if I can find any more which are worth posting. I took a lot of them the other day.

And that blue one really looks great! Don't know about the humbucker in the neck position, though. I always thought that didn't look so good.

Alwin

Last edited by Myst and rain; 03-15-2007 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Changed the first sentance in the reply to Robotechnology's post.
post #40 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

post #41 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 06:02 PM

Nice Myst

All these pics are starting to make me GAS for an older model Pacifica.
post #42 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst and rain View Post
I use www.photobucket.com. You can upload pics and vids in heartbeat there.
www.imageshack.us is better. No registration necessary.
post #43 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 07:56 PM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: Pics of my Pacifica

My favorite Yamaha is the RGX 621D!!! Perhaps I am biased because I own one!!! pics coming soon!
post #44 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 09:06 PM

That RGX looks tempting for my first (proper) Floyd Rose guitar purchase...
post #45 of 162 (permalink) Old 03-15-2007, 10:42 PM

Looks beautiful myst

Tags
chrome hardware , coil tap , custom shop , deluxe strat , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pups , double locking tremolo , flamed maple , floyd rose , floyd rose guitar , guage strings , guitar playing , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , locking tremolo , locking tuners , maple neck , mesa cab , michael lee , michael lee firkins , neck inlay , neck joint , neck pickup , neck position , pearloid pickguard , playing guitar , production model , pull coil , pull coil tap , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pups , sims custom , sims custom shop , strat style , string tree , string trees , wilkinson trem , yamaha pacifica , yamaha rgx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode