Played a killer guitar yesterday - not what you'd expect - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Played a killer guitar yesterday - not what you'd expect

Hey - I stopped by the local shop and was browsing for a while. Anyway - none of the Epiphones, Squires, Fenders, etc. really caught my eye. Just before I left - I picked this guitar off the hanger (kind of as a joke):

And damn if I wasn't impressed. It's a chinese-made Jackson JS32T. They nailed it. The neck finish was great, frets were great, binding on neck and headstock looked sharp, and it played very well. Nice and light. Anyway - I was thoroughly impressed. Oh - and it was $250 new.

It's a silly price for a very good guitar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 10:43 AM

Re: Played a killer guitar yesterday - not what you'd expect

People seem to have the mentality impressed on them that everything from china sucks, and this couldnt be further from the truth.

Of course it's just like anywhere else, you have good and bad wherever you go, but the chinese are learning fast.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 11:21 AM

charvel and jacksons impressed me too, very good shred alternatives for the money.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 11:32 AM

Given the fact that the economy is continuing its spiral down the toilet, the companies that offer the best value in a guitar are going to be the ones who survive. "higher end" stuff is only going to be an extremely miniscule portion of the market if at all.

It's good to see a few are looking forward and are off to a good start.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 07:40 PM

If it weren't for the RG560, I'd still be playing my Charvel Fusion Delux in "Peptobismol Pink" (they called it violet....it wasn't).
It had 1 hum & a slanted single.
It also had the "jem" heel cutaway before the JEM.
24 frets on a maple fretboard too.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2013, 11:29 AM

Reviews: 1

Those Jackson necks are quite good I have one homemade guitar with a Jackson point neck on it and it rocks
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 03:30 PM

I saw a review of a 100 so 150 dollars ish and it was good. I have a Chinese squire that I love amazing low action. I rounded the fret board edges and new tuners and pup it rox.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode