Played my first J Custom today..... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Played my first J Custom today.....

So I went to my best friend of 25 years today to hang out and talk about a new song were working on. I get to his practice area and he has it sitting there in the middle of the room, safely on a stand, taunting me mercilessly!!! A brand new JCRG2011Z BGA.

It turns out that Mike (my buddy) has been talking with Rich for about the last month without my knowing it........ THAT A**HOLE!!! LMAO!!!!!!

He's going to take some pictures of it for me to post in this thread in the next few days, but I wanted to get on and tell you all what an AMAZING guitar this really is........ It's an RG, but by name only. It has nothing in common with any other RG that I've ever played. From the unbelievably silky neck, to the amazing fretwork, an edge zero that feels as good as any other trem I've ever used......Even the AANJ is VERY different from that standard RG's. It's so much closer to perfect than even my RGT prestige that it's hard to believe they were made in the same factory!!

Rich, Mike said he went all out when he ordered this. He said he got the ultimate service package with it........ whatever you did was like magic man........ that guitar is perfection in my eyes....Incredible work my friend!!! Anybody that doesn't believe that you do this for the love of the instrument and your customers is full of ......... well, you know. You have humbled me......Again, very nice work.

I want you guys to know that My friend Mike is NOT one of those "Richy Rich", can't play a lick, "collectors"....... He works long hours at an extremely tough job and provides for his family first.......... He's been wanting a JC for over 10 years now.
I'm proud of him for finally getting it.

Way to go buddy...If anyone deserves it, IT"S YOU!!!!!

Pics to come soon!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Re: Played my first J Custom today.....

Mike just sent me a pic. This is from last week when he got it....He PROMISES a lot more and better quality pics in the future.........He's also FINALLY becoming a member....I hope everybody welcomes him to the community!!!

Last edited by RGTFanatic; 09-23-2011 at 02:02 AM.
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 11:24 PM

Right you are buddy! I'll try to get some more this weekend. This truly is an AMAZING guitar! I would imagine most J-Customs are. But if you've never seen one of these, you really don't know what you're missing! It easily tops my Jem-7VWH. But I will admit as you pointed out earlier... your Eagle is in fact the more rare guitar. Talk to you later Ryc!
post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:09 AM

Reviews: 4

haha great story!! It's hard to forget your first JC experience! tbh I think my first was the egypt rofl!! But either way, you can't beat 'em!!!! Congrats dude!!!
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 01:04 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Anybody that doesn't believe that you do this for the love of the instrument and your customers is full of ......... well, you know.
Honestly, it's just a neurotic disease. There's only one standard for "finished".

I did an Apex100 to AS IS the other night, but such a nice [and expensive!] guitar, it was very well setup when I packed it. Only to read on the card the next day it was Bronze [sold it when I was in Oklahoma over the weekend]. It was setup to the "technical letter" of bronze, I know it was, but, everybody gets a little more. Didn't ship it. Unpacked and reworked it last night, and I'm so glad I did because the nut radius needed some serious work, and that ended up being an hour of bending and fitting to get it "good enough", and then strobe set it [I had to move 1 saddle]. It's a disease, if there's a cure I'm not too worried about finding it.

I didn't know he was going to hide it from you, last I heard he was going to take it over and show you. I liked this way better, sneaky is always a good story

At 3rd pick he lucked into the nicest of the bunch too!! [IMO, that's the one I would have picked [actually I think I would have swapped necks with #5 on that body, but since I wasn't keeping one the disease didn't interfere!]
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC-Fanatic View Post
Right you are buddy! I'll try to get some more this weekend. This truly is an AMAZING guitar! I would imagine most J-Customs are. But if you've never seen one of these, you really don't know what you're missing! It easily tops my Jem-7VWH. But I will admit as you pointed out earlier... your Eagle is in fact the more rare guitar. Talk to you later Ryc!
welcome aboard bro!!!!!!

My Eagle is a joke compared to this JC!!!

I thought I posted a pic in my last post....I can't see it now.

Fixed it.......

Last edited by RGTFanatic; 09-23-2011 at 02:02 AM.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Honestly, it's just a neurotic disease. There's only one standard for "finished".

I did an Apex100 to AS IS the other night, but such a nice [and expensive!] guitar, it was very well setup when I packed it. Only to read on the card the next day it was Bronze [sold it when I was in Oklahoma over the weekend]. It was setup to the "technical letter" of bronze, I know it was, but, everybody gets a little more. Didn't ship it. Unpacked and reworked it last night, and I'm so glad I did because the nut radius needed some serious work, and that ended up being an hour of bending and fitting to get it "good enough", and then strobe set it [I had to move 1 saddle]. It's a disease, if there's a cure I'm not too worried about finding it.

I didn't know he was going to hide it from you, last I heard he was going to take it over and show you. I liked this way better, sneaky is always a good story

At 3rd pick he lucked into the nicest of the bunch too!! [IMO, that's the one I would have picked [actually I think I would have swapped necks with #5 on that body, but since I wasn't keeping one the disease didn't interfere!]
LOL.....a disease it IS....... but it's kind of like being a sex addict I think, not too much of a down side really............LMAO!!!!

Don't even tell me there was a BETTER neck than the one JC got??? that's just too much to bear...... and what does #5 look like??
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:11 AM
Vendor

Trust me, sex is far more fun.

3 had a top that was my taste, but IIRC the board was lighter, while the rest were super. Of course after deglazing the board and treating it it wasn't that bad

http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/new/jcrg2011z/bga/
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:24 AM
Vendor

I think it was 6, not 5.
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

Gotcha........ Mike's board (#3 for those keeping score) is definitely lighter, but think it works really well with the body color.........I just went through the pics of all 6 and couldn't pick one board that I like more than the other..........
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:30 AM
Vendor

I can, 5. But, board and head combination, 6
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:37 AM Thread Starter

wow......I just went through them again and actually like the board on #4 the best....lol
I like to see a lot of character on a board and #4 has it. I also like the head on 5 and 3 the best. 3 win hands down for top and back.
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:42 AM
Vendor

Just your luck, #4 is available!
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

I still haven't sold that kidney yet, apparently they don't sell quickly..............

Once I thin down this mess some, it'll be time for a more ...ummmmm....distinguished(?) guitar.
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 02:53 AM
Vendor

By definition, thin would mean you'd sell more than you buy, or customize.

Never happen!

Tags
jcrg2011z

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode