Please help! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Please help!

I realised today that my rg1570 has a TERRIBLE buz. It only happens with the neck pup and only when I'm not touching any of the metal parts of the guitar. Also if I turn the tone pot down it stops the buzzing. Could it be something to do with the tone pot's earthing or something? Or is it the pup?

Please help me find out what's wrong! I'm really dissapointed and need to know if there is a real problem with the guitar while I can still send it back. Also, if you know what it is, is there anything I can do about it? The buzz is REALLY bad, and if there is no way around it I might have to send it back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 02:54 PM

Re: Please help!

I used to get that on my jackson flying V, Im no tech so im not gonna tell you what to do,However I will tell you this. Take it to a tech. no use in sending it back over a buzz
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 02:58 PM

Sounds like a ground problem..... I agree, take it to a tech. May just be a loose wire or cold solder joint.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

How much will it cost to take it to a tech? It's really annoying to spend so much on a guitar and have it have a problem
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:07 PM

not sure. when i had my tech fix it he charged me some nuggets and a soda from wendy's lol. so i cant tell ya,but it shouldnt be that nuch to re-solder
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

kk, so theres no way for me to check it myself easily? ARGH, so annoyed, want to stare at someone with my angry face.

Also, is there any chance it could be the cable or something? I didn't notice it yesterday, and nothing has happened to the guitar since
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:17 PM
GAZ

Exclamation Re: Please help!

Check your lead(s) and mains socket anyway as a matter of course and make sure the lead is fully in the guitar's jack socket, one of mine was really stiff when new. Does it do it on the single coil modes too or just the full neck humbucker setting ?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

just the full neck and (but to a lesser extent) on the neck/middle setting. This makes me think it is something to do with the wiring, as otherwise it would be like it on every setting I would've thought
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:20 PM

Patience good sir Jemsite is FULL of very experienced techs/players/vendors that I'm sure will chime in with some advice in due time.

Sounds like the wiring, or even a faulty 5 way. The buzzing could be from a few different problems, but I'm not a tech so I'll let the qualified folks have a go at this

But yeah, as Eddie said, I wouldn't send back the entire guitar for a buzz in the neck pup. Prolly a simple remedy Nice guitar by the way.

Smile
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

...just about managed to do it. It's just typical that I finally get a good guitar, and then theres a problem with it, even if it isnt a major one. Maybe it's the devils work! being 6/6/06 and all!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:30 PM

Lol....

I did have a similar problem in the past and it turned out to be the 5 way. Try moving it back and forth a few times through all 5 notches very quickly and see if that makes a difference. That's how I found out my problem.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:31 PM

6/6/06!?!? oh man! *hides his jem* I aint taking no chances :P
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

If i move the 5 way forewards and backwards, what will I hear that shows me that's the problem?
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:38 PM

The buzzing may stop. At least for a bit. Like I said, I'm not a tech, but this was a problem I have encountered and it was the 5 way. Move it back and forth rapidly then back to the neck poisition while plugged in.

If you have to order a new one the part # is YM50. I think Rich has a few in stock at the moment

Otherwise, I'd say it's a wiring issue.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

no, no difference. Thanks for the advice though.

Tags
bridge pup , coil mode , jack socket , neck humbucker , neck pup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode