Please Help me ID my Guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Please Help me ID my Guitar

Hello to all. I have gone to a few guitar shops to see if they can help me ID this guitar I bought from my dad. He got it in a Storage Auction Sale. I noticed that it was a quality guitar and I remember seeing this logo sometime in the early 90's on a guitar in a pawn shop. I am not looking to sell it but it has been bugging me for the past three years. I would really like to know what it is. The pots are Dimarzio the guy at the musicianís friend in Seattle said he thought it was a set neck. The serial number 1002b. That is all the info I have. Thanks for your help ......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guitar 006.JPG (66.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg guitar 011.JPG (47.3 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 01:25 AM

Reviews: 2
Re: Please Help me ID my Guitar

Hi Smaaro, welcome to Jemsite!!!

I don't want you to think were blowing your question off........ I've been searching the net for about an hour and a half trying to figure out what your guitar is. I've had no luck so far, but it really resembles a tokai guitar I saw a long time ago...... If I find anything I'll be back.

Ryc
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Thank you so much for helping .... I told you it drives you CRAZY

Samantha
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 03:07 AM

Reviews: 1

Its got allot of switches, what do they do? Have you looked for a label maybe under a pickup, wire cavity or taken the neck off? Serial number?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 05:43 PM

I looked at a vintage website that showed various photos of various headstock symbols and did not find this logo. On the "W" list there was a close one, but even that one was not identified.

I'd advise you to post the photos on such a vintage guitar site to see if anyone there can help as well.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Ibateur for your help if you have a link to that site it would be great.

Freakout: One toggle is a pickup selector. The 2nd is a three phase Tone (not sure if thats to right word) It gives the guitar three distinct different sounds. The knobs are Vol, Vol, Tone. I can't take off the neck because its like a solid body. I looked in the wire cavity and nothing. The serial number 1002B

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate any info.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 04:37 PM

This is where I looked.

http://www.jedistar.com/about_jedistar.htm
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 08:39 PM

matsomoku? wasnt that a japanese maker back in the day? i may have misspelled it...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 05:39 AM

If I'm not overly way off, Matsumoku and Fujigen Gakki were the biggest guitar factories in Japan during 70's and 80's. Most (don't know, could be wrong) Aria's and a lot of the Epiphone stuff where made at Matsumoku while Tokai and Greco where made at Fujigen Gakki.

Feel free to correct or enlighten me.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for helping. Everyone. on the Matsumoku website said not a Mat. They all suggested a late 70's American Maker... Any thoughts????
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 02:44 PM

the only guitars i can think of that were even remotely this shape are fernandez...
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 08:11 PM

^^what he said..though the logo on the stock threw me off a bit

Tags
dimarzio moser

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode