Please help me identify my friends vintage Ibanez guitar ... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Please help me identify my friends vintage Ibanez guitar ...

its a wonderful guitar: gold, semi-hollow, chicken head knobs: help me identify this model

a friend of mine has recently re-found this guitar in his cellar. now he would like to know how the model is called as he would like to sell it. he remembers buying the guitar used around 1975, so it must be 5-10 years older, he claims.
there's no model name or serial number on it. its a beautiful gold color guitar with chicken (!) knobs. one knob has 3 settings, i had not the opportunity to play it so i cannot tell you what they do.
can someone please help me identify this guitar?

someone gave me a hint that its a gibson les paul signature copy and it looks the same, so it must be. but whats the exact name? year of production?

i dont know how to attach pics to this thread as i am new here. so please follow this link to see the pics. thank you.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...hreadid=748392
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Vendor

This is the only site I know with catalog scans that old

http://www.ibanez-vintage-page.com/

Looks like their picture host is down right now, check it tomorrow.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 12:27 PM

No serial number, means that it's a 75, or older. It is definetly a Les Paul Signature copy, though.

Makes me sad that I no longer have my pair of 75 Rocket Rolls.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 01:25 PM

it kinda looks like the 2401 under the 1973 section of the ibanez vintage page
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray
it kinda looks like the 2401 under the 1973 section of the ibanez vintage page
I think you nailed that one. The 2401 is also in the '75 catalog scans.

jim
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 03:47 AM Thread Starter

yes! thats the one! thanx.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

i've just played with this guitar the first time yesterday and it sounded good. mind, it hadnt been played for 20 years: the setup is totally ****ed up. it has a little crack behind the headstock, the chicken-head-knobs are not working anymore and the toggle switch does not click, but it works.

what are the chicken-knobs for? i read for "out of phase sounds", häh ?!? and the 2nd one? are the electric replacements hard to find today?

would it be difficult for a "normal" guitar tech to restore the guitar? how much would it be worth before and after restoring?

have you ever played this model? what are your sound descriptions and impressions? tell me all you wanna tell.

any comments appreciated, thanks.

Tags
gibson les paul , guitar tech , les paul , toggle switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode