Poll: Two Guitars, Same price.. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

View Poll Results: What would you get, same price??
RG7420 ; In same country, Good condition, Trem 14 87.50%
RG7421 ; Out of country, HORRID condition, Fixed 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

Poll: Two Guitars, Same price..

Im not exactly sure how the poll option works.. but I'll try anyways..

I have two choices right now, Both the same price (give or take $20, not including customs).. Keep in mind, Im not a fan of the Lo-TRS at all, and want a fixed bridge..

Ibanez RG7421 - HORRID condition, US
This RG 7421 has like 20 chips in paint (looks bad.. I dunno what the guy did to it) Shipping will be more, and maybe even customs if he doesnt ship it right (i tell people I only ship USPS, but people dont listen always) Altho I do want a hardtail.. Not sure if this is worth the trouble..

Ibanez RG7420 - good condition, Canada
This RG is in good condition, few chips but doesnt look too bad. Its afew hours away from me, so it will take 2-3 days max to get to me, and cost is low.. I hated every TRS trem Ive played so far, Even OFR's feel junky to me after playing Edge's.. I would have to keep the locking nuts off, and block the trem, And it will still most likely feel like **** under my palm. But it is closer, probably cheaper overall, and in better condition..

HHmmmmmm.. If you have nothing nice to say, do not say it at all. Stay on topic -- Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 09:24 AM

Re: Poll: Two Guitars, Same price..

if you really don't like the lo trs stuff, then i wouldn't get that 7420. and if you aren't happy with the how the 7421 looks, then don't get it either. i would wait, maybe save some more money, and buy either a 7620 since you are ok with the edge. or a better looking 7421 or 7621. no sense in spending money to get something your only partially happy with.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbest View Post
if you really don't like the lo trs stuff, then i wouldn't get that 7420. and if you aren't happy with the how the 7421 looks, then don't get it either. i would wait, maybe save some more money, and buy either a 7620 since you are ok with the edge. or a better looking 7421 or 7621. no sense in spending money to get something your only partially happy with.
Definitely. Don't rush; either way you're going to be disappointed here. You said yourself; the 7421 ain't worth the trouble and you'd hate the 7420.
I waited, and picked up a VGC 7621 for £300. It's a hell of a player, it really is. I was in exactly the same situation as you, I'm not a big fan of trems at all, and wanted a fixed bridge 7 string. Find a 7621, they're incredible. They also appear all the time on here, and also the 'bay. You'll be much happier.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 10:35 AM

if the 7420 is in better condition and u want fixed bridge then buy it and block the trem, decent condition hardtail that way rather than the worse condition 7421!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 10:38 AM

You WILL be paying customs by the way. I think what you're thinking of with shipping USPS is when they ship UPS and you have to pay a brokerage fee on top of customs.

USPS has no brokerage fees, but buying a guitar from out of the country, you will definately be paying customs.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 11:04 AM

I really think to give you an honest (and worthwhile) opinion you need to tell us what kind of money we're talking here.
And keep in mind, if the paint is all chipped on a 7421 you can always just strip the thing (maybe stain it blue? ) and tung oil it. It's not a J Custom or anything, you can have a little fun with it and it might even improve the value of the guitar (over the chip collection value).

Last edited by jim777; 10-03-2006 at 11:41 AM. Reason: spelking ;)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 11:52 AM

Personally, I'd take the 7420, because it's in better condition and I'd feel better knowing that a higher percentage of what I had paid went into the actual guitar itself and not shipping. Also, if the previous owner of the 7421 let it get that dinged-up, you gotta wonder how they treated the neck- could be a mess.

On the other hand, for each guitar, you have a very good reason to not want either. Unless you're getting them for a steal- why not wait until you find something that you'll have less qualms about?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
I really think to give you an honest (and worthwhile) opinion you need to tell us what kind of money we're talking here.
And keep in mind, if the paint is all chipped on a 7421 you can always just strip the thing (maybe stain it blue? ) and tung oil it. It's not a J Custom or anything, you can have a little fun with it and it might even improve the value of the guitar (over the chip collection value).
+1

Regards

André

Tags
fixed bridge , locking nut , locking nuts , tung oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode