possible prestige acquiring on meh part - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

possible prestige acquiring(update w pix)

anyone who frequents e.b.ay, perhaps you can help me out here..

well, im a bit strapped for cash, and a friend of mine knows a guy who owns a prestige. the exact model number im not sure, but the guy i know, sold it originally to the current owner. he says its for sure a prestige, and he says its a really beautiful blue(i believe he may have mentioned mirage in there) either way, i think its probably the rg1570..his buddy, the owner, is asking 250 for it u.s. and im supposed to go check it out in a few hours actually. i dont know if ill get super quick answers..but in the event that it is the rg1570, anyone know on average what these babies go for on the bay? i was thinking of buying it and selling it to make some money(or just keep it :P) and or is $250 too much?

ill get more info as it develops

also, seein as im strapped for cash, this kinda sux, i really shouldnt buy it, hahaha

Last edited by Chritar; 10-09-2007 at 02:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 07:22 PM

Re: possible prestige acquiring on meh part

$250 for an RG1570 is a STEAL! Unless, of course, it is trashed.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Banned

TREVA's watching you
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 07:23 PM

dude if it's a prestige it's probably worth alot more than $250
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

well if its the make i think it is, its about 800ish us new..i figured it probly is a steal either way, at 250, the guy said its in good condish, ill see for myself
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chritar View Post
well if its the make i think it is, its about 800ish us new..i figured it probly is a steal either way, at 250, the guy said its in good condish, ill see for myself
Even beat up but still playable its a good deal
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 11:13 PM

$250 US for any Prestige model guitar in even half decent condition is a good price. I've got a 1570 in MRR, and it's a great guitar.

For that price, unless it's damaged, go for it!

Rock on!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

so, i went to try the guitar out earlier today, and its not a 1570, its an older model from 1998...i actually dont know the model, i just got home and i havent even checked the site but i dont remember seeing if this particular model is even still in production....anyways, he wanted 250 for it, and i picked it up a few hours ago..its got two dimarzios in it, im not sure which ones but they sound incredible...the guitar overal has a lot of small dings and paint chips in it, nothing to serious except for one thats quite big..there is nothing that effects the playability of it at all. it plays very well, incredibly....im loading pics onto a hosting site right now and will put pics up in a few minutes
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:33 AM

Reviews: 7

Sweet I'm curious!
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

here are some pics, any help identifying it, as i dont think i will remove the neck just yet...

i think it looks gorgeous

98 year of production, correct me if im wrong, i may be

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

i knoticed there was a scratching when i turn the vol and tone knobs, i think its because there was like a bare wire grounded to the trem claw. either way im going to look at it more later and make it great. =D

check out the previous owners method to blocking his trem, i just got 50 cents

there are a lot of small chips and th such, but this is the only one that kinda sucks, i am going to glue it in so it doesnt kinda hang there, i dont mind that it would have the crack as long as its glued in there.

so overall i think i got a good deal, nothing affects its playability. all i have to do is clean it up a bit, replace one of the pads on the nut, and get a new trem arm. plus it came with two dimarzios not sure which ones though but sounds amazing...
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

i didnt know we could only put 7 pics per post...hahaha
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 02:58 AM

Reviews: 7

Nice find! She's beat up, but at least you don't have to feel bad for playing the hell out of it. Kinda looks like a 3120, but I don't know if they came with quilted tops, all I've seen are flamed. I'm sure someone will have a definate answer for you.

Last edited by brothersnowgone; 10-09-2007 at 03:09 AM.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

yeah im gonna use her as my stage guitar, i was using my rg20th and i dinged her twice and dont want to anymore...so i wont mind dinging this one up, but ill still be cautious to avoid any damage
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 03:32 PM

Reviews: 1

That guitar is ssweeettt! Seems like a great deal for $250, nice pick up! Between that and an RG 20th you got a very nice collection started, lol.

Tags
flamed maple , fret level , neck pickup , paf pro , paf pro combo , pro combo , tone zone , trem arm , trem claw

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode