Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Post pics of your own Custom modded Ibanez.

Tags
abalone dots access neck joint air guitar air norton air norton combo alder body andy summers angled jack bass response basswood body beautiful guitar bfp neck black headstock black pickguard blaze neck blaze pickups block inlays bobbin toppers breed bridge breed neck model bridge hum bridge humbucker bridge pickup bridge position bridge pup chris woods christopher woods chrome hardware chrome knobs clear coat cliplock strap coil mode coil pickup coil split coil splitting coil tap control knobs cosmo black hardware cosmo hardware cottam guitars custom guitar custom guitars custom ibanez custom inlays custom jem custom modded custom pickguard custom shop dean markley death metal dimarzio air dimarzio air norton dimarzio blaze dimarzio blaze custom dimarzio breed dimarzio breeds dimarzio chopper dimarzio cliplock dimarzio cliplock strap dimarzio evolution dimarzio evolution bridge dimarzio paf dimarzio paf joe dimarzio paf pro dimarzio pickup dimarzio pickups dimarzio pups dimarzio super distortion dimarzio tone zone dimarzio tonezone dome knobs dot inlay dot inlays dual sound duncan distortion duncan invader ebony board edge bridge edge pro bridge edge pro trem edge trem edge zero electric guitar emg active evo bridge evo pickups evolution bridge evolution bridge pickup evolution pickups fede swirl fender telecaster fire garden fixed bridge flame maple flamed maple floyd rose floyd rose pro floyd trem frank falbo frank gambale fret board fret inlay fret maple frets scalloped gmc swirl gotoh floyd rose gotoh tuners graphite nut green dimarzio guitar body guitar collection guitar shop guitar tech herc fede herc swirl hipshot tremsetter ibanez collection ibanez guitars ibanez hardshell ibanez jem ibanez neck ibanez talman ibanez usa custom jem bfp jem bsb jem conversion jem custom jem dbk jem pbk jem project jem style body jpm neck kerry king killer guitar korean guitar left handed ibanez les paul lgm guitars loch ness green locking nut locking stud locking studs locking tuners mahogany body mahogony body maple fret maple fret board maple fretboard maple neck matic bridge mini toggle mirrored pickguard modded ibanez near mint condition neck angle neck dimensions neck humbucker neck joint neck pickups neck position neck pup neck shape neon knobs paf joe paf pro paf pro combo paf pro neck paf pro pickups paf pros patrick sims paul gilbert pearl pickguard pearloid pickguard pickguard screws pickup combo pickup cover pickup ring pickup rings pickup selector switch planet waves pole switch prestige wizard pro combo pro edge pro edge trem pro neck pro pickups production model pull coil pyramid inlay pyramid inlays retainer bar reverse headstock reverse headstocks reversed headstock richard fay richie kotzen road flare red root beer jem rosewood fingerboard rosewood fretboard scalloped fretboard scalloped frets schaller trem seymour duncan seymour duncan pups sharktooth inlay sharktooth inlays sims custom sims custom shop sounding guitar spring cavity steve morse steve vai strat body strat sound strat style style knobs super distortion super strat super wizard neck swirled body swirled jem thrash metal toggle switch tone zone bridge trem arm trem arms trem studs tremolo arm tremolo system truss cover truss rod truss rod cover truss rods trussrod cover tung oil walnut neck white pearloid pickguard white pickguard wilkinson trem zone bridge
819K views 2K replies 586 participants last post by  Tmatt7620 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Try to get an idea on how you guys see your Ibanez's as would/couldave optioned from Ibanez.

Edited (Gabriel has now modded it even more...)

#6 ·
Heh, those *ARE* Schaller floyd trem arms! :D

I stick 'em on all my guitars, cuz it's easier to get new ones, they're shorter(tip is right over the neck pickup), and they stay put better than an Edge bar.. No nail-polish or tons of plastic rings, just torque the thumbscrew and it stays in one place forever. ;)

#7 ·
My RG570 - now with an internal GK-2 hex pickup, respray to matte grey, Seymour Duncan '59s and a Sustainiac Stealth:

And the insides:

And here's my Talman; new scratchplate, Kent Armstrong PAF in the bridge, fancy switching (phase for the middle pickup, split/series/parallel for the humbucker, but that's about to change again):

#20 ·
THANKS guys!! i never really know people will come to appreciate it, i thought it looked too "purplish". i actually intended to make it to a ll purple JEM modification and have LGM guitars to do either a purple dot inlays or purple vine-inlays but, i'm just short of cash now. i'm extremely satisfied with it now. thanks guys for the comments!! it definitely made me excited to further modify my other guitars!!! THANKS :wink:

#21 ·
jwai said:
hi guys, here's my Ibanez RG570 in a all purple job. all purple dimarzio pickups and purple knobs sets too! check it out.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/91859359/91860373QhdeMh

http://community.webshots.com/photo/91859359/91860535BfzxLF

by the way, can't seemed to upload the pic using the BBcde Img tag. anyone can help me with it? i've got them in webshot community.
Nice guitar dude!

It is not possible to upload pics directly from pages like webshots, there is a sort of restriction going on. You have to send the link, direct imaging is not possible (for shame :wink: )

#25 ·
http://www.exoticglass1.com/someofmyguitarwork.htm
the tiger stripe guitar was one of my first about 15-16 years ago, its a solid maple body and was something else to shape. i keep it around incase a burglar breaks in and i'll wack him with it, its very heavy. the blue guitar was made about 12 years ago, its made from a solid piece of mahogany like the blank in one of the pictures. i bought a 12' plank of mahogany in 1988 and have been building a few guitars with it since. i actually picked it up in my 87 iroc and broke the winshield getting it home and took two people to get it out. its hard to find a solid plank thats not two or three pieces glued together and this is my last piece. the guitar is painted a lexus color(don't remember the name). the green monster was one i built with some of that mahogany, its a neck through design and has black binding on it, it was setup with the ibanez edge bridge and was one of the first guitars i painted without using a sealer. i used a green stain on the wood and when it was cleared the clear blushed, really bad on the back. i have a rg570 that i will be doing the top in carbon fiber that i'll post pics when its done and i'm also using the last plank to build a guitar based on the jpm model but it will have 1/4" book matched flame maple top on the magogany body with a jpm neck that i'm trying to get.

#27 ·
Here's a few pic's of my "blacker than black" '03 RG1550BK, customized with the neck from a RG3120. 8)

These were the pic's the original owner took before he sold it to me. (It still had the plastic on the guard and rear cover plates) He bought the 1550 brand new, took it out of the box, swapped the neck and put it on ewebay. Since then, I've dropped in a set of Evos and changed the cover on the S1 to a nice shiny black instead of the original flat black with the S1 stamp.