Post your Cheapie But Goodie - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Post your Cheapie But Goodie

Ok guys i would like to see those guitars that prove price sometimes does not matter... there are some cracking chepos out there so if you have one lets see it... here's mine.. made by Shine.. cost me £100 UK new.. i would have payed that just for the neck on this thing as it's one of the best players i have ever had.. when i took it to get set up my guitar tech told me that it had two frets that were a little high... the job was that minor to correct it he didnt even charge me ... the main downside is the trem is crap... who cares lol i blocked it off and still have a awesome playing guitar for a weekend's beer money,

Last edited by Agenthoover; 08-22-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 02:01 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: Post your Cheapie But Goodie

My true "cheapie" (not merely a good deal) that I am absolutely IN LOVE with is my peavey special limited. It cost me 25$ off craigslist, but its an absolute screamer. The parts are high quality, the neck is amazing, it plays great, and quite frankly, one of the best playing guitars Ive played. Ironically, it looks almost identical to the one you posted!

I dont have agood picture of it, its at my bands practice spot all the time, but here is a stock image of it.

they even offer it in the same finish as yours haha
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 05:34 PM

I'd have to say my 100 dollar Samick Greg Bennet strat copy. came with grovers, a wilkinson trem, and duncan design pups.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 06:14 PM

Reviews: 4

MY Pavey Tracer w/kayler spyder trem. This was pic was taken a while back.It now has a IBZF1 & 2 IBZC1 pickups it. Got it off ebay w/case to the door for $150.
These are really great guitars. Very nice necks.Best part is a really nice one can be had between $200-$300.I REALLY want is an old a Peavey Detonator. Great guitar as well...

P.S. Notice the rare Kayler locking nut. No tools needed...

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 PM

Partscaster. old body free from a friends basement. nice Mighty Mite lic. Fender neck and Mighty Mite staggerd pole pickups ( I have a rail in the bridge now). It fits my hands like a glove. spend 170 on it total.

Arbor Star. from 1983. Its a set neck with bound body and neck. metal nut. plays great and I stuck a old Dimarzio Super Distortion in it. got it for $175

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 10:52 PM

I really enjoy my Ibanez RX I snagged for 75, It's better then any strat I've played, in sound and playability!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwd0120 View Post
I really enjoy my Ibanez RX I snagged for 75, It's better then any strat I've played, in sound and playability!
you need to play more strats

the undisputed "king" of cheapie guitars right now are the classic vibe strat/teles... good lord they are just totally worth every penny.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Here's mine:

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 12:34 AM

This is mine. Some made in China California squier which I self scalloped.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 03:31 AM

yngwie much? haha jk
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
you need to play more strats

the undisputed "king" of cheapie guitars right now are the classic vibe strat/teles... good lord they are just totally worth every penny.
played the tele at a shop,,, man,, that thing was like butta!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbouxa View Post
I'd have to say my 100 dollar Samick Greg Bennet strat copy. came with grovers, a wilkinson trem, and duncan design pups.

Those Greg Bennet models are top guitars. We got one for a mate years ago, duncan pickups, set neck, good tone.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 12:55 AM

My '89 Squier HM3 Splatter neckthru, that I bought for $100 from my friend whom I played with in Jazz band in high school, used it in school practice, he used his S540LTDJB for the concerts...ugh...all stock except the addition of the strat knobs, I thought the white lettering and numbers really tied everything together, and pop out. I replaced the trem but, that was almost ten years ago. I had an Evolution in the bridge at one point but, then I decided to put the stock pickup back in. I like the different tone that the stock pickups bring and the neck pickup has such a smooth/creamy sound, very Kramer sounding. I refinished all the screws in black since these photos were taken, very sleek...

Last edited by LordGrendel; 08-25-2011 at 01:07 AM. Reason: edit
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Funny you should put the stock pickup back as i did the same.. im only a home player and most pickups seem a little harsh for in the house... stage use maybe.. but home use i just cant get along with more powerfull stuff... the stock cheapo pickups have a nice mellow sound... shame i dont know who makes em or i would buy some more for other guitars i have.... this topic definitley shows that you dont need to spend the earth for a decent good playing and sounding axe... so any novice players and begginers out there should take notice.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Here's mine:
What kind of a sick joke is this?!?!

haha!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode