Post Your RG's + S series - Page 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 10:34 AM

Re: Post Your RG's + S series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrous Lepidoptera

Clockwise from upper left:

RG570, Jem7vwh, Jackson RR1, RG8670, RG3120,
ESP M I custom, ESP M II custom, 540SFM, RG550,
RG520QS, RG520QS
Nice collection....no sevens?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 04:31 PM

always baffles me when people have a shedload of 6s and no 7s, i want a range of different guitars rather than simliar ones that are subtly different!
post #63 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 04:38 PM

here is my newest baby rg550

i trade my highway strat in for this one.
i`m totally happy.

patricia
post #64 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 09:30 AM

my rg is nearly finshed ..it's a strange one ...i hav spend about $2000 on it..lol..

it has a blue laser body and matching head stock.. the neck has been custom carved into how i like my necks...trem is a OFR in chrome....evo,hs-2,evo with a complete new wire job .new pots and switch...a mirror scatch plate with every screw chromed as well..chromed ofr nut.. yeah thats about it.

It is the most amazing guitar i hav ever seen...i need some pic's to show you..
post #65 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timi_h
always baffles me when people have a shedload of 6s and no 7s, i want a range of different guitars rather than simliar ones that are subtly different!
Heh. That extra string baffles me. I don't know what to do with it. I did see a seven string Ibanez in a pawn shop once, a metal-flake pink color, and almost bought it, but I don't really know much about 7-strings, what they go for, what models there are, and, like I said, what to do with that extra string, so I didn't get it. Plus, I don't know, drop-d-flat tuning is about as low as I want to go on guitar.

As far as the shedload, I guess I've been buying about 1 guitar per year . . . after 15 years of that, you look around, and, geez, that's a shedload of guitars. There are worse fates.
post #66 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia
here is my newest baby rg550

i trade my highway strat in for this one.
i`m totally happy.

patricia
Nice lefty.
post #67 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
my rg is nearly finshed ..it's a strange one ...i hav spend about $2000 on it..lol..

it has a blue laser body and matching head stock.. the neck has been custom carved into how i like my necks...trem is a OFR in chrome....evo,hs-2,evo with a complete new wire job .new pots and switch...a mirror scatch plate with every screw chromed as well..chromed ofr nut.. yeah thats about it.

It is the most amazing guitar i hav ever seen...i need some pic's to show you..
I would love to see that. Cant wait to see the pics.
post #68 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrous Lepidoptera
Heh. That extra string baffles me. I don't know what to do with it. I did see a seven string Ibanez in a pawn shop once, a metal-flake pink color, and almost bought it, but I don't really know much about 7-strings, what they go for, what models there are, and, like I said, what to do with that extra string, so I didn't get it. Plus, I don't know, drop-d-flat tuning is about as low as I want to go on guitar.

As far as the shedload, I guess I've been buying about 1 guitar per year . . . after 15 years of that, you look around, and, geez, that's a shedload of guitars. There are worse fates.
It doesn't take long to figure out how to incorporate the low B string and know what to do with it. Once you do, your hooked. I have been playing sevens for 7 years now going on 8. You should've picked up that 7 in the pawnshop just for kicks.

Here are mine-
www.shawncastonguay.homestead.com
post #69 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 11:18 AM

I use a 2005 RG1527 and a S 470
post #70 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:07 PM

Cool Re: Post Your RG's + S series

A little off topic, but does any of you know which model this is, it's a seven string Ibanez with green knobs, pickups and dots. Petrucci uses it in the Lie video and I've seen it a bunch of places. It might seem as a stupid question like what model is that red car, but everyone i've seen looks like it's the same guitar!

Help?
post #71 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie88
A little off topic, but does any of you know which model this is, it's a seven string Ibanez with green knobs, pickups and dots. Petrucci uses it in the Lie video and I've seen it a bunch of places. It might seem as a stupid question like what model is that red car, but everyone i've seen looks like it's the same guitar!

Help?
its a universe.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1991/uv.jpg

rich
post #72 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:11 AM

RG2771 + RG2820.

Back of RG2771.

Front shot of RG2771.

The rest of the pictures didn't come out too well.

Last edited by Adagio_777; 10-25-2005 at 11:18 AM.
post #73 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:23 AM

Nice guitars! They both have beautiful bursts on them.
post #74 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 11:43 AM

Adagio 777, Very nice! ^
post #75 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Very nice RG's andy

Tags
air norton , beautiful guitar , blues saraceno , david lee roth , dimarzio evo , edge bridge , edge pro bridge , evolution neck , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , fret board , ibanez les paul , les paul , locking nut , music store , paf pro , parker fly , paul gilbert , pearl pickguard , pro edge , production model , rosewood fret board , rosewood fretboard , super wizard neck , tone zone , trussrod cover , white pearl pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode