Powder Coat on RG570 - anyone else seen? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-17-2002, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Powder Coat on RG570 - anyone else seen?

I was in GC the other day, when I noticed that they had two new 570's (GN's). Both were fitted out with powder coat hardware. All parts were powder; tuners, knobs, bezels, and Edge. BTW, powder edges look odd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 02:31 AM

Powder Coat on RG570

Seems a new trend from the Ibanez Camp.

I know Rich just got a powder coated something in which was out of the norm....
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Powder Coat on RG570

Yep it's over here too, I saw an RG550 with powder coated hardware in my local store the other day.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Powder Coat on RG570

Quote:
becalvert on 2:31 am on Mar. 18, 2002
Seems a new trend from the Ibanez Camp.

I know Rich just got a powder coated something in which was out of the norm....
I believe that was a powder coat lo-pro 7. Weird.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 04:15 PM

Reviews: 5
Powder Coat on RG570

yup... been seeing this on some of last RG7s here in Texas. *GN finish with powder coated hardware.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 05:46 PM

Powder Coat on RG570

You guys mean like white hardware?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2002, 06:27 PM

Powder Coat on RG570

Yeah, what's powder?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 08:23 AM

Powder Coat on RG570

I think the actual designation is 'Powder Cosmo'...it's like a flat grey, as opposed to the shiny grey-chrome of regular Cosmo Black. *It looks like Ibanez may be starting to use it instead of the Cosmo Black that comes off so easily. *I've never had a guitar with it, but the Powedr stuff certainly looks tougher.

Hey I saw those RG570s too Iain! *Oh wait, I was standing next to you at the time...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 05:00 PM

Powder Coat on RG570

My Father owns and runs his own powder coating buiseness. I believe one of you asked what it was well ill explain it for you . Powder is plastic bottles that have been groung up into a powder of about the same consistency of baby powder. then the powder is dyed to the desired color and dried,packed,shipped , and sent to the company who ordered it. You take the powder and shoot it through an electric spray gun ,that staticly charges it , onto a pice of metal thats is hung on a rack or conveyor belt. then you roll the rack into a big a$$ oven and let the part cook for about 15 min at about 450 degrees. when its done you pull it out and let it cool. the plastic powder melts inot a perfectly smooth high gloss(or not gloss is an option there are also dull colors) finish that is virtualle indestructable(unless you hit it with a sledge hammer) great stuff id reccomend it to anybody who is looking into getting it done on thier guitar(Metal only of course) and itr comes in any color you want including chrome or faded adn those cool color changin finishes if you would like to know more e-mail me
:silly:

(Edited by Guitarforceone at 5:01 pm on Mar. 19, 2002)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2002, 10:30 PM

Powder Coat on RG570

The couple of guitar projects Im started on will include all metal hardware powdercoated. I was looking at the color used on the DNA trems. The cost is minimum and is about the most durable finish you can get. At my last job, (an industrial machine builder), we would take our entire machine frames to get powdercoated, some as big as 8 foot wide, 8 foot tall and 20 feet long. The coaters near me also do alot of dirt track sprint car frames, like Guitarforce said any color you want plus the finish should help ward off the pitting on the guitar parts from the sweat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode