Prestige case help.. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Prestige case help..

I recently picked up an older RG3120, minus the original HSC. There are a bunch on the auction site, but with all different nomenclature, i.e. CS-0593, CS-0560 etc. This confuses me in the sense that this RG seems to be identical to all the others ive played. I dont want a generic Ibanez case, or SKB or whatever.

Besides the obvious differences such as scale length, reverse headstock or being a Saber, whats with all the different numbers?

I just want a TJC Case. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 05:52 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: Prestige case help..

this is the case you want. The CS numbers are just the sellers stocking numbers and have nothing to do with Ibanez part #'s.

item #300525757975

BTW... all of that sellers cases are identical, other than condition
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks man
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 07:27 AM

Any RG TJC case will fit,just each model is fitted with matching case.
So just don't buy a TJC case from a JS/S etc,RG only which is easy to tell when you look in the case(RG shape).
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 12:31 PM

Is there a fitted case for an RG with a square heel neck? I'd like to get something a little nicer for my old RG550.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by van01010100 View Post
Is there a fitted case for an RG with a square heel neck? I'd like to get something a little nicer for my old RG550.
There is,the latest PGM RG and the southern cross RG(australian limited model).

So wont be an easy find.

Most people modify the aanj versions by using a hammer and gently reshaping that area,the foam can be flattened and reshaped quite easily with some gentle persuasion. I believe Rich (dealer on this site) said this is all Ibanez did for the re issue square heal models,its also possible to gently cut through the red fur at the base,peel up enough to get to foam, remove desired foam to allow fit and re glue down.I've done this with great results,its all actually quite easy,the foam is easy to remove.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Vendor

That's what Ibanez did on the RG770 cases. It doesn't come out very well, not the ones I've tried. The JS case is specific and formed for the plat joint, but of course will not work on RG's.

Tags
case , ibanez , prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode