Prestige or Premium question - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Smile Prestige or Premium question

Hi sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong thread and I couldn't delete the other one. Sorry I'm new. Here is my question: Thanks guys.
Hello! I just wanted some opinions on Ibanez experts out there regarding my purchase. I bought an Ibanez Prestige RG1451, cost 745 Euros (about 983 USD). When I arrived home I noticed that there was a small chip on the paint job at the body at the lower horns of the guitar. I asked for a replacement guitar but they said it was the last one, my option is to stay with the guitar or I can trade it with RG premium 870QMZ. Usually the paint wouldn't bother me but the guitar cost a lot and it was a hard earned money that's why I need a favor from anyone if I should just stay with the prestige or is it worth it exchanging it with the RG 870. Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to participate in the future discussions! Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 02:51 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: Prestige or Premium question

Well the Premium guitars are made by a portion of the indo factory that hoshino and fugijen bought and had their people train and left some people there to ensure the quality. Rich from Ibanez Rules will better answer if he sees this but the preimums are built to prestige standards with things like using a veneer on the tops as opposed to 4mm tops..and shipping some guitars with gigbags instead of hardcases..as Rich stated..jcustom quality at a lower price...guess the operation costs in indo are cheaper too...riches review on the premium prompted me to buy the RG921QMF fixed bridge ...waiting for it to arrive ...hopefully Rich will chime in and give u better info....but the premiums are awesome

Last edited by craigny; 03-10-2012 at 04:51 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 02:55 PM

agreed premium and indian stuff in general is underrated.. great factory stuff, work for the working man
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

hi guys thanks for your reply. that's why I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding about it and opt to ask some ibanez experts because when I tried the premium, it was incredible. I like it, the only thing that I'm worried about is the Edge-Zero II bridge. Checking out some comments they say it's a hit or miss. Do any of you ever tried it?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 03:35 PM

Welcome to Jemsite! This topic has been addressed repeatedly. Check this thread for additional opinions.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/sh...ge-117571.html

Opinions vary. Some people love the Premiums, some prefer Prestige. Play both and make up your own mind. Personally I think the statement "J-Craft quality at a lower price" is stretching it, but it only matters what YOU think if you're the one laying down the cash. Good luck!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Vendor

I don't believe I ever said that, more like "J Custom features at an Indo price".
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 04:00 PM

I was quoting Craigny. I was pretty sure you hadn't said it like that. I know a lot of guys feel that it's true. But I don't think the overall reviews and my own personal experience (yes, I HAVE played several Premiums) bear it out. I think you get what you pay for. Yes, at it's price point, the Premium can't be beat. That's a fact. But I don't think they're to the level of the Prestiges at this point.

Last edited by TAorama; 03-10-2012 at 04:06 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I don't believe I ever said that, more like "J Custom features at an Indo price".
you guys are right...i was writing it on my phone and i kinda rushed the post...i misquoted you Rich...i apologize...if they were j custom quality altogether they would be jcustom..lol...so to clarify to all and the OP there are Jcustom features like rolled fret edges and so on at reasonable prices...like stated "FEATURES"......but i dont think anyone will argue that these are head and shoulders above any other indo or chineese models..sorry guys again for the flub...im just stoked about getting my premium i wanted to plug them a little!!

From Ibanez rules..."High end Japanese FEATURES for low end Japanese money".....my bad...sorry Rich.

Last edited by craigny; 03-10-2012 at 04:50 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all the replies, last question. Has anyone tried the Edge-Zero bridge w/ZPS3 on the prestige guitars? is it good like the edge pro?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 06:25 PM

Reviews: 21

Tough question to answer. Head to head with no flaws I'd take the RG1451 over the Rg870. They're kind of two different animals really with one being fixed bridge. I guess my answer would depend on how bad this chip is on the lower horn. If it's something that you can easily patch and refinish to match the guitar i'd say keep the RG1451.
I don't think it's a bad deal, though, if you take the RG870. The EZ2 is a fairly good trem; much better than Edge 3 and pretty solid.
If the chip is really bad and it really bugs you that much I'd say take the RG870.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 09:27 PM

I got a Prestige RG1570Z and a RG350MZ both with pickups upgrade. The prestige is great, with an awesome neck but the RG350MZ is real nice a good quality guitar with perfect intonation and with the pickup mod I did (air norton and tone zone) I got an awesome guitar, a high quality sounding machine with a very confortable neck and you could carry it everywhere without worring too much. Of course the bridge is not the best one but it can do the job very well.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 PM

I cant wait to get my Premium RG921QMF

Tags
premium , prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode