Prestige Price Drop - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Prestige Price Drop

I was looking around for some Ibanez rgs in some online stores and I noticed that there has been a dramatic price drop in the Prestige line. Is there a reason for this happening in 2005? Do you guys think that the current prestige models have been discontinued or totally redesigned and that's the reason why this is happening? Just check these sites and you'll see what I mean by the price drop.

http://www.***************.com
http://www.************.com
http://www.*******.com

http://www.**************.com seems to not have any rg's at all.
I also check http://www.ibanezrules.com and according to Rich, almost all the prestige rg's have been discontinued in some way.

EDIT: It looks like the websites I posted have been blocked. I'm not trying to advertise those websites but I'm just showing examples of what I mean. Well just search Ibanez in google and look in the sponsorered links section. Three of those sites are on that list so just check there. You guys probably know which ones i'm talking about though.

Last edited by Jebus; 01-03-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 10:20 PM

Reviews: 3
Re: Prestige Price Drop

A lot of them have been discontinued. That is why they will be trying to unload them before wNAMM. Some will be back with new colors and/or options. Enjoy the prices now if you looking for one; they'll be back to regular soon enough!!!
Josh
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 12:22 AM

Wink Re: Prestige Price Drop

Actually, alot of them will be higher
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

I think japanese Ibanez guitars are getting their neck construction changed in the prestige series which is why those guitars are being discontinued. Take at look at the rg2570 in ishibashii website. http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/machida/e...ez/ibanez.html
Look at the guitars in the first table. They all seem to have two stripes on their neck.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 01:05 AM

I want them to discontinue the RG1570L. Since I already have one, and I doubt they will manufacture two lefty prestiges at once
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 11:42 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Ibanez typically has pre-NAMM clearouts thru major vendors to clearout inventory at Chesbro & Hoshino USA. Remember the $999 2002 VSBLs. ROTF they probably sold more of them than VSBLs before and after.

Prices will be higher across the board for Prestige-livel guitars shown at wNAMM 2005... glen
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 12:08 AM
Suspension: Multiple Users

Yes, the prices will surely be higher in the prestige line in 2005. But it will also be the last year that the prestige line is produced in Japan.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlame
But it will also be the last year that the prestige line is produced in Japan.
Is that just a roomer or has it been confirmed?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 09:22 AM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus
Is that just a roomer or has it been confirmed?
I think it's too early to call.

This is pure speculation... but it seems obvious that Ibanez will have a difficult time selling Korean-made j-customs in their domestic market (ie. in Japan). So if they keep making a few guitars, why not make a few more.

Factoring the obscene pricing on MIJ axes for 2005, it seems Ibanez is floating trial-balloons on the line. Higher price, substantially more profit, hopes that sales are the same. The fact they backed off for 2005 shows you they're well aware of the problems that will arise with a switch.

The main problem will be if these MIJ Prestiges, etc. don't sell, then they'll have data stating "the line doesn't sell, we're not making them anymore"... glen
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 01:47 PM

Don't you think this price increase is due to the low quotation of the USD ?

Last edited by scanlan75018; 01-05-2005 at 02:35 PM.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 02:33 PM
site founder 0% owner

Given low production totals & sales, prices will be as high as customers are willing to pay. Ibanez is banking on people paying more... glen

Tags
hoshino usa , ibanez guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode