Prestige Rg2550z 2008 Wiring Diagram - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Question Prestige Rg2550z 2008 Wiring Diagram

Hey does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for an Ibanez Prestige Rg2550z from 2008? All I can find is diagrams dating 2007 and below. I really goofed the wiring somehow and need to look at the original state if possible. I've looked at this www2.ibanez.com site that seems to have a bunch of manuals but they fade at 2008 and only have 3 models and none are mine. Gonna keep looking but a pdf would be very cool. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 09:27 PM

Re: Prestige Rg2550z 2008 Wiring Diagram

Pretty sure most HSH Ibanez diagrams will work, hows this one?

http://www2.ibanez.com/supportResour...005/RG2570.gif
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Re: Prestige Rg2550z 2008 Wiring Diagram

thanks. yea. ugh. I was hoping its not that one. I've been using it to rig up this dual kill switch setup (guy that made it calls them a killswitch button and lifeswitch toggle). I am currently stuck with exactly what I have in the picture below. This is the first thing I've done that's ever required soldering but I've pretty much reconnected every wire. I'm not getting any weird hums or anything. I just do not understand what is going on with the pickup selector wiring. I don't know why I am supposed to connect the middle toggle switch to the pickup selector, but that's exactly what the instructions say to do. I nothing else, would anyone be able to explain the logic behind connecting a switch to the pickup selector pin that is typically shown as attached to nothing?
Attached Images
File Type: png myIbanez.png (308.2 KB, 19 views)
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 07:20 AM

More to the point, what is that battery for and why does the killswitch have four connections?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Post Re: Prestige Rg2550z 2008 Wiring Diagram

the battery's sole purpose is to light up an LED ring that goes around the killswitch button. It has zero impact on whether or not the killswitch functions. So two prongs are for battery positive and ground. The other two are form a connection when the button is pressed due to the Lifeswitch being a TOPO switch. So my guess on how it works is there one normal route when the lifeswitch is flipped one way. Wire just by-passes the killswitch, but flipped the other way, path leads to killswitch. without pressing the killswitch though, the loop is open so sound is killed. When pressed, the killswitch finishes the lloop and sound is heard. Base on that, do you think the killswitch prongs (the 4) have different functionality... or could I have possibly connected wires to wrong prongs? Same question for the lifeswitch.

I am pretty sure at the switches is where my problem lies. Still would dig knowing why the lifeswitch goes to the pickup selector.

I bought the kilswitch first from Iron Age Accesories. This is the product diagram. I'm not using an on/off for LED
plus.google.com/photos/photo/108450858742730348271/6524314042037067810

And here's the lifeswitch I bought from TesiSwitch after not liking a killswitch that actually kills the signal upon pressing.
tesiswitch.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Ftesi-topo-6mm-mini-toggle-switch

And attached is the modified drawing the owner made for me to hook up the iron age product with his (he says they use the same distributor).

Let me know if this makes sense! Looking forward to responses!
Attached Images
File Type: png LIFE SWITCH.png (285.8 KB, 12 views)

Tags
rg2550z edge zero , rg2550z prestige rg2550 , wiring diagram

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode