Pricing Question.. Vintage Fender - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Question Pricing Question.. Vintage Fender

Ok, so I have 2 Fenders that I am thinking I want to sell. The first is a 1971 Strat, players condition, with the only major gotcha being a hole next to the trem, where a previous owner pulled an SRV and put a lefty trem on. The guitar has since been converted back to its original right handed trem. 1 Saddle is non-original, other than that everything is all original parts, including 3-way switch. Plays well, will need a fret-job, fairly straight neck, no major twisting or bowing.

Second is a 1963 Fender Jaguar. All original hardware, including mute. White finish has turned to cream over the years, and has paint cracks (under the finish smooth to the touch) running across the body. Light body wear otherwise, clean and straight neck.

So I guess I need some help pricing them. I can have pics up shortly.

Thanks!
-Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 05:44 PM

Re: Pricing Question.. Vintage Fender

The strat i's say around $2000-$2500.

The Jag i'd say around the same as they dont hold their value as much as a vintage strat.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 06:42 PM

There is a 1964 Jag at Guitar Rez in Texas:

http://www.guitarrez.com/usedhtml/usdfenjag64.html

Hypothetically an Olympic White Jag should be worth more than a Sunburst as it is a Custom Colour, and generally speaking colours fetch a bit more than 'bursts - whether this holds true for Jags in the States I don't really know.

Unfdortunately the re-routing of your Strat will have a reasonably major impact on its value, as while seventies strats have been hiking in price lately, there are still quite a lot of all original ones around, and while they are not (IMHO) a terribly great guitar, complete originality seems to be what guys looking for seventies Strats want.

The Jag must be an absolute beauty! Matching headstock I presume?
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 06:45 PM

the 70s wont produce as much as many will think thats a huge grey area in the fender guitars.. Some are great some are dogs..

If your looking to sell best thing is to throw it on the bay with plenty of pics.. The market will dicatate the price. But I think $2K+ for a 70s strat is pushing it a bit..
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 07:02 PM

Reviews: 18

Post some pics.

Jimmy
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 07:13 PM

Maybe give some Fender boards or ended auctions on the bay, it looks like you may get as many different answers as total answers at this rate.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the replies so far guys. here are the pics I promised. I have some new ones the are the guitars after a good cleaning, but I need to recharge my camera batteries to get to them, so for now, this will give you an idea.. http://www.chronicinsomnia.com/guitars/index.html
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 11:29 PM

http://www.reranch.com/reranch/

these are the guys you need to be talking too.. lots of vintage collectors there as well as information..
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 06:50 AM

That Strat is sweet. You'll get lots for it.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

thanks for all the input guys, They'll probably end up on the bay one of these days when I actually get around to it.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 02:32 PM

The way things are going right now youre probably looking at close to 10K for the pair.

Do NOT refin any of those... An Oly White matching HS Jag like that will have its value cut by around 60% if you get the best refin in the world!!

Tags
olympic white , straight neck , vintage strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode