Prince Cloud Guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Prince Cloud Guitar

Anyone know where I Can get hold of a Schecter CLoud Guitar?
I'm after the purple rain model( Pearlescent white with black dot inlays), with thru neck- not the cheap bolt on as advertised on the NPG site.

Cheers

I'm in the UK btw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 02:39 PM
MM

They used to sell it looooong ago in the early 90s when Prince had his NPG retail store (one in London.. and maybe another somewhere else).

The new Schecter version actually had a difference in the headstock. It's not as curley or as long...

I've seen some people have them custom built, and that might be the only way to go...

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com

p.s. Original Cloud vs. Schecter

vs.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2004, 04:15 AM

sweet

I'd love to see that guy in concert he tears it up.. too bad that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2004, 04:29 AM

He made a rare public appearence recently, he was in my mums magazine.
He was playing some natural-bodied telecaster with twin humbuckers. He looked quite good too, lost weight I thought.

Gary - The.Godfather
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2004, 05:41 AM
MM

lost weight? Jeez.. he's already skinnier than my little finger.. (and about as tall too)..

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2004, 03:05 PM
MM

Re: sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCShredder
I'd love to see that guy in concert he tears it up.. too bad that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.
He's playing the HOB in Vegas this Friday night. 2am show. Also will be appearing at the Grammys.. (or so my sources tell me)

Mikey
vai.com
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 12:31 AM

The original cloud guitar was built by dave rusan,a local luthier here in mpls. mn.He is a top notch repairman and builder.He has done excellent work on my instruments.Perhaps he would build another,I could ask.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 04:40 AM

?

On the schecter site inthe FAQ it said the only place to get the, is at his concerts, or through his website. He has some kind of agreement that no guitar's like that be built/sold unless it goes through him I take it.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 01:07 PM

This is a frequently asked question on Prince forums. I was after a cloud guitar too, so I lurked on those boards accordingly. From what I understand, his website is subscription only and once you're in you can order a cloud.

There is another company (I forget who) who sells cheaper versions, but by all accounts they're lacking in quality.

Stupidly expensive from what I recall. I kinda gave up the search when I realised I wasn't even going to get a particularly sophisticated axe; I'm aiming for another Jem or probably a Parker.

What concerned me was that for every person who said the official guitar is an excellent one, there was another person saying it was overpriced nonsense. Now, this could mean that the people who stumped up for the official cloud were fooled by the marketing or maybe it meant that the people who went for the unofficial cloud were jealous.

I couldn't find anyone on the boards who seemed to know much about guitars! It wasn't like Jemsite (i.e. full of players); it was populated by "collectors" (shudder).

Basically it's a bit of an almighty mess. Read the Cloud FAQ here, and change your name occasionally to some weird symbol. Everything'll be fine.

http://www.angelfire.com/music5/hectim/cloud_faq.html
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 03:58 AM

hey

There's a Cloud on EBay right now.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 05:19 PM

Reviews: 3
He's playing again?!?!

His *last* show prior was in Milwaukee, he stopped his tour after that night. I was supposed to go but couldn't for some reason.

I heard he was going door to door as a Jehova's Witness (spelling?). Seriously.

Anyway, I would kill for a white version of the real deal cloud guitar. It would be far too cool to pass up, even if it just sat on the wall.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 08:45 PM
MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay ratkowski
He's playing again?!?!

His *last* show prior was in Milwaukee, he stopped his tour after that night. I was supposed to go but couldn't for some reason.

Anyway, I would kill for a white version of the real deal cloud guitar. It would be far too cool to pass up, even if it just sat on the wall.
He never stopped.

He just played Vegas on Friday and Saturday. A couple of weeks ago he was in Hawaii. Late last year he did a big tour of Hong Kong and Australia.

He did become a Jehovah's Witness.. but the story about going door to door is a bit of a tall tale...

(Big Prince fan here..)

Mikey
vai.com
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 09:13 PM

He also married a nice Canadian girl and has a house in Toronto.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM
Quote:
He's playing again?!?!

He never stopped.

He just played Vegas on Friday and Saturday. A couple of weeks ago he was in Hawaii. Late last year he did a big tour of Hong Kong and Australia.

He did become a Jehovah's Witness.. but the story about going door to door is a bit of a tall tale...

(Big Prince fan here..)

Mikey
vai.com
You think that's a tall tale? See "An Evening With Kevin Smith" and thank me later
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2004, 12:07 PM

Reviews: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM
Quote:
He's playing again?!?!

He never stopped.

(Big Prince fan here..)

Mikey
vai.com
Shows how in touch I am. I think I remember hearing he was touring again, but I've not beeing paying enough attention. The story I mentioned was supposed to be his retirement tour, maybe 4 years ago, and he stopped the tour short because of illness or injury...

Tags
dot inlay , dot inlays , duncan pickups , local luthier

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode