Prince Guitars - The Cloud one - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Prince Guitars - The Cloud one

Does anyone else think these are cool. Blue fretboard cool!!!

Does anyone know if they were produced for the public?

Someone said to me once that it was a german company which built them.

The Hohner Prinz was cool too, before the had to get rid of the Tele headstock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 12:38 AM

Prince Guitars

I have always loved Prince's guitars. He is such a fantastic guitarist, that I can look at the guitars as serious instruments. Even though they look like decorative instruments, I know they must be seriously playable.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 12:42 AM

Prince Guitars

* * i've always heard them referred to as the "Cloud" guitars. *I'm not sure if that's the company, or the model. * They had one (for not too bad a price if i remember correctly - less than 1k - i think) at drumcity guitarland when i was there in march... *contact them and see. *it wasn't the one shaped like his symbol, but the other really funky one. * *
* * there's something about those guitars in a Guitar Player from a year or two ago. *i'd look it up, but im lazy.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 08:20 AM

Prince Guitars

I believe that the model in question is called the "Cloud" and they're made by Schecter. *Jason at Drum City/Guitarland did have one a couple of months ago, but they are a special order model that is available
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 01:37 PM

Prince Guitars

Last I'd read Prince had painted his blue - the body, the neck, the fretboard, the pickups, everything - BLUE! *Hehehehe... The guy's really dancing to a different drummer - but what a guitarist!! Especially for someone who professes to "only play as well as I need to for the song"... I mean, he doesn't even sell himself as a guitar slinger! Too
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 04:16 PM

Prince Guitars

he is a great guitarist. *give me a few weeks and i'll have a Vai related Prince bootleg. *
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 05:15 PM

Prince Guitars

According to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, which mounted a show called Dangerous Curves: Art of the Guitar, Prince's "Cloud" guitar was made by David Rusan and Barry Haugen of Knut-Koupee Enterprises, Inc.; Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1989.

I believe it's now a part of the Smithsonian's collection. Pretty cool, huh?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 06:46 PM

Prince Guitars

Search for Auerswald guitars. *I believe they do the one that is the Prince logo, or name, symbol...whatever.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 09:28 PM

Prince Guitars

Just an FYI: *Knut-Koupee is now out of business. *They closed down about 4 or 5 years ago.

There is a guy that I usually bring my guitars to for repairs... his name is Bill Schwabb. *He told me he either worked on Prince's guitars or built one for him. *I can't recall which, sorry. *Apparently Prince stiffed him on the bill! *...must have been while he was a slave to warner bros and wasn't making any money :lame: *
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 09:32 PM

Prince Guitars

There was some wacko selling a cloud guitar on ebay a couple of weeks ago, it's probably a fake. I've seen the Schecter version, as for the "sign" guitar that one is made by auerswald...

Here's the link

http://www.auerswald-instruments.com...ars/symbol.JPG

Chris.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 09:33 PM

Prince Guitars

Hey actually after Clicking the smithsonian links, it just occured to me that I saw a pink one hanging in Hard Rock Cafe Beijing! Anyone been there please help me to confirm this...I saw it on the second level.

Chris.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 09:44 PM

Prince Guitars

Check it out!
The blue cloud and the yellow cloud together in one pic, most probably Prince's lineup of backstage Axes!

http://www.auerswald-instruments.com...nstruments.JPG
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Prince Guitars

Someone should make them again.

They always looked a bit cheap though. Very light and 'disposable' looking.

A blue one or a purple one would be nice though.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 11:32 PM

Prince Guitars

Yeah I can't agree with you more Pablo, they are very nice guitars. There actually someone on ebay selling Prince's Hamer Tele...I wonder whether it's the real thing though.

Chris.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Prince Guitars

The Hohner tele (The original ones) had a tele headstock then it was changed to a more 'pointyish' which looked crap to me.

A friend used to have one of the first ones. He sanded the neck down and stuck a couple of fast-track's in it and it was very cool after that.

Tags
fernandes sustainer , ray vaughan , steve vai , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode