Probably a new PGM model by Paul Gilbert, PGM302(H-S-S) - 2008? hmmm... - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Dee

Re: Probably a new PGM model by Paul Gilbert, PGM302(H-S-S) - 2008? hmmm...

Yup. There's about 40 billion of us saying the same thing, but as long as they can keep selling black guitars to 15 year-old death metal fans, Ibanez will keep dumping out the same old dull pap, I guarantee it. Still, we have the RG 20th. Cheers, Ibanez.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 10:12 PM

I'd hit it
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 10:15 PM

Yeah, but if you think about it, the more and more you shy away from the standard colors, the deeper you get into a niche market, so the less likely a particular color is to sell. Remember, Ibanez is trying to sell as many guitars as possible, so they have to go with what will appeal to the largest amount of people.
Not that I'm disagreeing with you guys. Believe me, I would love to see at least some more greens and purples, let alone cool graphics and what not. I just don't see that happening outside of sending the guitar to a custom shop for paint. *sigh* Those damn economics will get you every time.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Dee

I never fell for that one. If Ibanez want to shift as many guitars as possible they need to cater to everyone, not just the majority. They should make maybe 80% black and 20% coloured. That way everyone can be happy. As it is, I won't buy a certain guitar because of the colour. Call me shallow if you like, but that's how it goes. I wouldn't buy the RG2550 because I hate Galaxy Black. Had it come in Road Flare, I'd be all over it. So... Ibanez loses a sale right there.
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 10:21 PM

He used this same guitar at the Cincinnati G3 show this past Sunday. It's also got the old square neck joint, and the back of the neck is painted white. --Jason
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

that guitar seems so fresh from the factory, take a look at the strap.. not dimarzio cliplocks.. i think paul is to excited to use em' live..

Last edited by son_of_zion; 03-31-2007 at 12:02 AM.
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
I never fell for that one. If Ibanez want to shift as many guitars as possible they need to cater to everyone, not just the majority. They should make maybe 80% black and 20% coloured. That way everyone can be happy. As it is, I won't buy a certain guitar because of the colour. Call me shallow if you like, but that's how it goes. I wouldn't buy the RG2550 because I hate Galaxy Black. Had it come in Road Flare, I'd be all over it. So... Ibanez loses a sale right there.
Hey, dude, I agree. But from a coporate stand point, they don't see it our way.
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 10:24 PM

Me, im a fan of white guitars, white 7s especially.
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick-boy View Post
Hey, dude, I agree. But from a coporate stand point, they don't see it our way.
Then that's their loss, that's the only way I can see it! This way they are actually selling less guitars in the end because there are TONS of people who won't buy Ibanez because of the colours, or lack of them. It's like clothes, cars, and a million other things. It has to have that visual appeal, it really makes all the difference. This is exactly why the black RG 20th is not selling anywhere near as fast as the RF and DY. Too bad Ibanez still thinks everyone wants black. They basically f**ked up by making that one instead of more DY and RF. They need to give people maple boards too. They will eventually realize where they are going wrong.

Ibanez without DY is like Ferrari without red.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 12:36 AM

Reviews: 130

No tremolo on his guitar? I noticed no lock nut at the top. Is this a fixed-bridge model??
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerevlon View Post
No tremolo on his guitar? I noticed no lock nut at the top. Is this a fixed-bridge model??
Yes, most PGMs are fixed bridge.
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 01:11 AM

Quote:
The problem again comes down to economics Dee - if 80% of the guitars go into a spray booth and come out black, that is a great economy of scale - if you have maybe fifteen other colours then each of those instruments gets a whopping 1.3% of the spray booth time, which of course means cleaning spray guns, changing lacquer and more wastage as you chuck away the lacquer left in the gun - no mass producer really wants to do that if they can avoid it.

Still, Fender seem to offer at least a few colours on each model - maybe Ibanez should offer colours at a slight upcharge over whatever the base colour of a model is. I'd imagine you'd end up with a heck of a waiting period for your axe though.
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 02:07 AM

Ya, that looks like something Paul had made for him a long time ago, given the Square neck joint and the Dirtyness of the maple board.
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Yup. There's about 40 billion of us saying the same thing, but as long as they can keep selling black guitars to 15 year-old death metal fans, Ibanez will keep dumping out the same old dull pap, I guarantee it. Still, we have the RG 20th. Cheers, Ibanez.
And I am gravely disappointed
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 02:11 AM

Apparently Paul prefers the tone of the old neck joint.

Tags
candy apple red , custom shop , death metal , dimarzio cliplock , fat strat , fixed bridge , lock nut , neck joint , pearloid pickguard , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode