Problem with a ZR bridge - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 04:44 AM Thread Starter

Problem with a ZR bridge

Quick question for anyone who can answer it(obviosly)
I've just brought a new 2075 prestige with ZR bridge an D tuner the guitar looks an feels awesome but 1 small thing, on the high E i'm gettin a slight buzz it's only the E note too play an F it goes nearly anywhere on the if i play an E hard enough it'll buzz at the saddle anyone else had that problem??? i wanna play around with the bridge setup a bit but this ZR thing's a whole new world from the LO-TRS i've got on the old RG.
Any comments would be appreciated i reallyt don't wanna send it back on warranty if it's something i can fix myself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 05:47 AM

Re: Problem with a ZR bridge

I'd like to offer a suggestion but I'm having trouble understanding your problem, "on the high E i'm gettin a slight buzz it's only the E note too play an F it goes nearly anywhere on the if i play an E hard enough it'll buzz at the saddle anyone else had that problem??? " , huh? That makes no sense to me, not trying to give you a hard time but that's absolutely horrible grammer and makes your explaination of your problem unintelligible. If you could try explaining that again so it make sense I'd be happy to offer a suggestion. Either way I'm sorry to hear you're having problems and hope we can help you remedy your issue.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 12:12 PM

dude, you need to help others understand what you mean by using proper punctuation.
anyway it looks to be you are having buzzing problems on the low E.
read up on some setups:
http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm
http://www.jemsite.com/tech/
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 03:43 PM

Like the others, I can't understand what your problem is?

I'd be suprised if it's actually the saddle buzzing.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

oops sorry guys i'm new to having conversations without having ppl infront of me i can mangle my words a bit.
let me try this again, alright my definition of high E is highest in pitch, when i play open high E or 12th, or pretty much E any where of the fret board if i hit hard enough, i get a buzz that sounds like the string's vibrating at the saddle. Why it's only the E is the really confusing bit cause in theory shouldn't it vibrate at the 440Hz no matter what the pitch??
About the only idea i have is that the bridge angle is a little too high so the strings is exiting the saddle a fraction before it should but that sounds like a long shot to me.
hope that's better, lookin forward to either being told i suk at explaining myself again or gettin help
Thanks guys

Last edited by sandpappy; 09-24-2006 at 05:05 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 08:19 AM

I understand what you're saying now, I have the same problem on my only Jackson and have not been able to figure it out. I wish you luck and hope someone else here may know what your problem is being caused by. My Ibanez guitars haven't gave me this issue yet ( I hope they don't ) I'm curious to what will fix your problem almost as bad as you do. Good luck to you !
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpappy View Post
oops sorry guys i'm new to having conversations without having ppl infront of me i can mangle my words a bit.
let me try this again, alright my definition of high E is highest in pitch, when i play open high E or 12th, or pretty much E any where of the fret board if i hit hard enough, i get a buzz that sounds like the string's vibrating at the saddle. Why it's only the E is the really confusing bit cause in theory shouldn't it vibrate at the 440Hz no matter what the pitch??
About the only idea i have is that the bridge angle is a little too high so the strings is exiting the saddle a fraction before it should but that sounds like a long shot to me.
hope that's better, lookin forward to either being told i suk at explaining myself again or gettin help
Thanks guys
Try raising the trem a bit.

Regards

Andrť

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 01:15 PM

Hmm, I have an S1625 TKS with ZR trem, no probs there tho. But what i did when first got the guitar was raise/lower the action of the bridge. Not familiar witht his problem but if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself take the guitar back to shop or get it repaired.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 04:31 AM

It might be the tremolo arm vibrating in the socket that it plugs into. I've had this happen a few times before I figured out where it was coming from. If not that, just put your finger on random parts of the bridge as you play that E note. When the buzzing stops, your finger will most likely be pointing right at the problem. Good luck,

Mike

Tags
bridge angle , fret board , ibanez guitars , tremolo arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode