PRS Custom 24 PNG (Possible New Guitar) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

NGD PRS Custom 24 Blue Crab Fog

I am really thinking about buying a new PRS custom 24, I like the tone of Mahogany but have never spent this kind of money on a guitar so I'm not sure. I got one shot at this.

I know they are solid, I know how they play, I have heard a lot of different tones out of them and they are gorgeous.

Curious, what do you guys think of this color scheme? The front is cool, I am just worried it's too much white.

Last edited by satchmo72; 11-03-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 09:02 AM

Re: PRS Custom 24 PNG (Possible New Guitar)

I think the colour scheme is fantastic for what's it worth. Definately not too much white. If it plays half as good I'd think about raiding the bank...
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Sweetwater has one and they are only 2 hours away. I may go up and check it out before I buy it. Its either this or the standard Blue Crab.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 01:55 PM
SYL

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiano View Post
I think the colour scheme is fantastic for what's it worth. Definately not too much white. If it plays half as good I'd think about raiding the bank...
Plus one - love the colour scheme!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYL View Post
Plus one - love the colour scheme!
It is very unique and it is Blue Crab plus unique which I think makes it a win. I really have never seen the combo before so I do not have much to compare it to.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 02:33 PM

Difficult to say from the photos...the white background is killing it for me right now. If you can take a look at it in person, it might be easier to decide.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-sfm View Post
Difficult to say from the photos...the white background is killing it for me right now. If you can take a look at it in person, it might be easier to decide.
Thats what I was thinking. SOOOO much white that in person I bet it's breathtaking.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 02:39 PM

Reviews: 13

This is very domesticated of me but will the neck get dirty quite quickly being white and all?

-Wolfram
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfram View Post
This is very domesticated of me but will the neck get dirty quite quickly being white and all?

-Wolfram
LOL I was thinking the same thing but it should come off pretty easy. It is painted.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 05:39 AM

prs are the only guitar company that make pup rings look eligent.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 08:28 AM

This is an awesome guitar, I have owned 2 CU24 in the past 1991, 2000) and they are amazing instruments. I sold them only because they were too beautiful and expensive to gig with.. But I like them better than LesPauls since you can easily shred on them but prefer the flexibility I get with my Jems..
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderChick View Post
This is an awesome guitar, I have owned 2 CU24 in the past 1991, 2000) and they are amazing instruments. I sold them only because they were too beautiful and expensive to gig with.. But I like them better than LesPauls since you can easily shred on them but prefer the flexibility I get with my Jems..
Thanks SC, it seems to be a high quality instrument and solid and that is what I am looking for. My playing does not get too crazy and I never use the trem but for vibrato sometimes. I love the sound of Mahogany. My S540 I just got is the tone I was looking for.

IBZ, I agree. It is just a better built guitar. Not knocking our trusty ibanez but the pickup rings are just cheap molded plastic, these are molded nicely. It's the little things I guess.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

I got her today. It was absolutely stunning when I opened the case at Sweetwater this morning. It plays incredible and sounds awesome. Still tweaking my setup for it but recorded this with it: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11979856

Pics:

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 04:51 AM

Looks amazing (kind of 'otherworldly' almost) and sounds fantastic. Nice find.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 08:52 AM

That is a seriously unique and incredible-looking guitar. I've not seen anything like that before. Did you sleep or just stay up all night playing it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode