PRS Mira or Patrick eggle berlin pro? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

PRS Mira or Patrick eggle berlin pro?

Hey guyz,

I can get the Mira and the Berlin Pro for the money.
But I can't choose.
Which one has the best quality?
Best Hardware?
Best wood?
And the best sound? (in your opinion)

I'm playing Brit-pop (PinkFloyd), Metal (Metallica, Dream theater) and Rock (Gary Moore, Kansas)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: PRS Mira or Patrick eggle berlin pro?

I think the Mira is probably the ugliest guiatr PRS have ever made. I'd be all over the Eggle in a competition between those two.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

And which do think has the best quality?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 08:57 AM

The Mira.

The Eggles do not have a good rep for build quality and sound. Once you get beyond the vintage looks, the Mira is a tone machine. Pony up the extra cash and get the korina one, if you can still find one.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by btweensunandmoon View Post
The Eggles do not have a good rep for build quality and sound.
Depending on the era of manufacture, I could not disagree more!!! The old Eggles were as good as PRS guitars in terms of woods and maufacturing but sounded so much more open and less restrained. I spent some time at the Eggle factory (I think back when Phil Norsworthy was running the custom shop) and I've seen Eggles from the 90's with tops that would make a PRS 10 top blush with embarrasment.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 04:03 PM

A nice top doesn't equal quality. I'd go for the Mira. Great Guitar, excellent quality/
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanized View Post
A nice top doesn't equal quality.
No it doesn't but if all else is equal, you might as well go for the one that looks better surely? If it looks better and also sounds better and is equal quality, it should be a no-brainer!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Depending on the era of manufacture, I could not disagree more!!! The old Eggles were as good as PRS guitars in terms of woods and maufacturing but sounded so much more open and less restrained. I spent some time at the Eggle factory (I think back when Phil Norsworthy was running the custom shop) and I've seen Eggles from the 90's with tops that would make a PRS 10 top blush with embarrasment.
Why is this relevant? Someone buying a new guitar doesn't care about how they made guitars back in the 90s. My comment was in regards to this point in time....and this point in time they do not have a good reputation.

And who cares about the top? I could find a slab of high grade figured maple that is better than a PRS 10 top and try to build a guitar. It doesn't mean its going to play or sound very good.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

I've not personally tried an Eggle for a few years (their distribution sucks) so maybe they have decreased in quality, I'm glad you have them in the USA though to try.

I figured as someone who's had a lot of hands on past experience with Eggles (even though it's not bang up to date) and PRS I might actually be able to offer quite a bit to the thread rather than relying on the internet rumours of "reputation". I'll just leave the OP to his decision.

Tags
eggle , gibson , mira , paul reed smith , prs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode