PRS SE.....Underrated - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 04:41 PM

Re: PRS SE.....Underrated

Thanks Hopefully I'll get one to play first before I decide to buy one.

The other cheap hardtail that I played and was very surprised with was a LTD H-302. I'd actually brought a JS1000 of this guy and he had one lying there and he let me play it. Out of the two, I actually prefered the way the LTD played.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 06:13 PM

Reviews: 120

I've played a few of the SEs acoustically at the local store lately and they are very nice guitars for the money. I wouldn't mind getting one.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurj View Post
I've been wanting to get a cheap hardtail recently and reading the reviews over here, it's got me thinking of buying a PRS SE. Saw a Singlecut on evilbay (250090227777) and really like the finish on it.
That is a really nice one. The SE's I don't like are the "flat" bodied ones and the ones with the "wave" style inlays on the frets.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 06:49 PM

one thing that turns me away from the se series is that they dont have carved tops.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
The 3 P-90 model is the one to get. Those are a blast!
Like?:

Even PRS can't quite work out why they were discontinued - this is the best sounding guitar I have ever owned!

On the (well, back to) the topic of SEs, I, as a PRS owner, really do view them fully as a PRS - the quality of the SEs, particularly the Customs, Singlecuts and Tremontis is absolutely top notch, not just for a Korean guitar, but as against any other guitar - the only reason I haven't bought one is that I found the colours a wee bit pedestrian ...... however, PRS has just released the Singlecut SE in Whale Blue, which is my favourite PRS colour - so one is coming my way in May!

For anyone looking for a great H-H configured guitar for around the $500US mark, they are just unbeatable - Venue Music, which is one of the biggest music shops here in Sydney said that the return rate of Epiphones (guitars that were so bad that they refused to accept them from the distributor) has risen to about 60%, whereas thay have yet to refuse an SE from our local distributor - 'nuff said.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norvan View Post
one thing that turns me away from the se series is that they dont have carved tops.
The Singlecuts DO have carved tops - they are physically the same as a US Singlecut, except that the Flame Maple is a veneer over the top of the actual carved Maple top - which is what Tokai, Epiphone and I think Ibanez as well do to give their less expensive models a flamed or quilted top - the neck shape is sort of right in the middle between the wide fat and wide thin neck shapes that US PRS's come with - really worth checking out.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post
Like?:

Even PRS can't quite work out why they were discontinued - this is the best sounding guitar I have ever owned!
Niiiice!

jim
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post
The Singlecuts DO have carved tops - they are physically the same as a US Singlecut, except that the Flame Maple is a veneer over the top of the actual carved Maple top - which is what Tokai, Epiphone and I think Ibanez as well do to give their less expensive models a flamed or quilted top - the neck shape is sort of right in the middle between the wide fat and wide thin neck shapes that US PRS's come with - really worth checking out.
There are a lot of different models. Some double cuts have a nice carved top and some are flat. I think all the single cuts I've seen have a carved top.

Tags
david mccarroll , electric guitar , epiphone les paul , fender super sonic , flame maple , guitar shop , ibanez rga , korean guitar , les paul , locking bridge , music store , neck shape , playing guitar , prs guitar , prs guitars , sounding guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode