PRS Singlecut Trem Comments? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

PRS Singlecut Trem Comments?

While I've been a proud Jem owner for the past several years, I've become rather intrigued about the PRS singlecut and singlecut trem. Anybody own either model and care to share any comments about it? Pros/cons. etc.? I notice that coil-tapping seems to be an option on most of these models, so that may help in achieving tele-like tones and the like. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 10:47 PM

Re: PRS Singlecut Trem Comments?

How do...

While I don't have the singlecut model, I have recently bought a PRS after 13 years of Ibanez playing, not exclusively but darn near. I got a Hollowbody spruce a few weeks back and it's just awesome. I think the fit and finish of all PRS guitars is just a cut above most anything you can pull of a wall in a shop. The necks are completely different than any Iby neck you'll find, but if you can handle a bit more meat on the bone then you'll be fine. One thing that just stands out is the sustain and the fret work. I'd highly recommend getting something with birds, the inlays just look so classy and "right" on these guitars, plus it makes them much more desirable if you decide to sell in the future. If you can, play many models as they all have little nuances, as does any guitar. Happy shopping.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 09:47 PM

Unbelievable guitars. They are argued as being even better then any
Custom or Standard model. I personally think theres something about having
all that body wood connected to the neck where the top horn would be on a regular PRS. Its simply even more body to neck connection.

But of course Im biased. Because I am a PRS fanatic. Love em love em love em!

So glad they won the lawsuit. That would have been sad.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments. I'm waiting to see if Uncle Sam will be kind enough to me this year to leave some extra money in the budget. If so, the search will begin shortly

Tags
prs guitar , prs guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode