PRS Standard 22/24? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

PRS Standard 22/24?

tried to a search but didnt find anything on those
are they any good? is there a quality gap between the standard and custom 22/24 models?
I dont know much about PRS, except that lots of people love'em...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 02:23 PM

I doubt there's a quality gap. I think the main difference is that the Standard models don't have maple tops.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Nope no difference in quality, they're just a slightly different sounding axe with a slightly different look. I think the Natural finish ones look superb
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

they sound more les paul-ish without that top or?
I read some PRS' were damn midrangey with the stock pickups, is it the case for those standards?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

damn, yesterday I saw how much does a standard one with birds cost... around 3500Ä
wtf??
maybe their axes is good but that price makes prs even more ridiculous than gibson
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 02:29 PM

Whoa, back to posting after a long hiatus...

I have become a PRS man pretty hardcore (I own a custom 24). Really love pretty much everything about them. There is still plenty of room in my heart (just not in my wallet) for plenty more guitars, but I think PRS is the brand that gets me as close as I want to my ideal guitar without going custom shop (though the custom shop fender strat i will be getting soon is half the price of a custom 24...)

Enough of that, on to the question. In terms of build quality, a custom and a standard should and usually are pretty much the same high-end guitar. You pay extra for a custom because of the flame/quilt maple top, where as the standard is mahog. The tone is different, whether you detect it much is really up to your ear. Some people swear by mahog body tone, some need to have the maple top. Both axes are really sweet, i just prefer the look and tone of my custom. [/quote]
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam669
they sound more les paul-ish without that top or?
I read some PRS' were damn midrangey with the stock pickups, is it the case for those standards?
Not really considering most les pauls have maple tops anyways

Tags
custom shop , fender strat , les paul , les pauls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode