Puzzle 2006 Limited - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
V.I.P.

Cool Puzzle 2006 Limited

Check out the 2006 Ibanez Prestige Puzzle Limited Guitars

http://www.ibanez.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56&PN=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 07:51 PM

Cool Re: Puzzle 2006 Limited

Nice! I have the natural/maple coming it. It's eta from Japan is mid July. I can't wait.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 08:00 PM

Re: Puzzle 2006 Limited

I think they are sweet and amazing looking guitars but not for me, just as i'm sure alot of people think the same of mine. I got the 2005 limited model.
http://home.earthlink.net/~kingnothi...sidefront2.jpg
the shop i got it from had the puzzles ones on the way but theres just something about owning a swirl that i hadn't yet experienced and i'm glad i didnt pass it up!

I can't wait to see what next years limited models are!
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 08:27 PM

Smile Re: Puzzle 2006 Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
I think they are sweet and amazing looking guitars but not for me, just as i'm sure alot of people think the same of mine. I got the 2005 limited model.
http://home.earthlink.net/~kingnothi...sidefront2.jpg
the shop i got it from had the puzzles ones on the way but theres just something about owning a swirl that i hadn't yet experienced and i'm glad i didnt pass it up!

I can't wait to see what next years limited models are!
I love the black & white swirl. Someday...
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 08:34 PM

Ive been all out obsessed with the RG20063 (maple and ovangkol) ever since seeing it on Rich's NAMM report. It just looks so stunning, so unique. Some people have issues with it (like keeping it clean) but that's hardly the point IMO. The thing is just beautiful! The colors remind me of ice cream, which coincidently, is also supremely awesome.

Congrats JCrafter, cant wait for those pics, seriously

\00/
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 09:33 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonataGuitarist
Some people have issues with it (like keeping it clean)
Would you mind elaborating on this please. I've been thinking about ordering one of these myself.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 10:15 PM

sweet guitars... i wonder if they make them in black and white.
JJ
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toneboy
Would you mind elaborating on this please. I've been thinking about ordering one of these myself.
Well I remember hearing some dissent in a thread once, but this is also just the first thing that comes to mind when I think about it. My concern would be the many crevices on the guitar's surface. Yes, it's sealed tightly, but there are crevices (weird word..) regardless. Heres from Rich's site:

(Goddamn thats gorgeous) Anyhow, given that the guitar is gonna be played, it'll be subject to the usual, you know, stuff, the skin, hair, dirt, lent from rags, etc that usually collect in and on the trem, the pups, and the board (try as we might to prevent it). Simply put, for Mr.Puzzletop, there seems to be all the more places for this stuff to go, and get into. Yeah, their small, but their threre. I guess it comes down to how anal/OCD you are in regards to your axe, I can totally see myself, every week, gettin down on that thing with some toothpicks and some compressed air, lol. It's not a huge problem, its just factors in when determining how much maintenance you want to put into a guitar. Me personally, hell I love the thing regardless, I'd clean it everyday if I could afford it . But like I said, its just a matter of preference. Simple as that.

IMO toneboy, get that sweet axe, and send me some pics!!!\00/\00/

\00/

Last edited by SonataGuitarist; 05-17-2006 at 11:26 PM.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:21 PM

I thought the 220 would be hard to keep clean too but there is a satin finish on it. I would think trhe same finish would come on the puzzle top. We'll see. I am more concerned with the edges of the puzzle being chipped.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:28 PM

Kinda like that lower horn? Lol

\00/
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Kinda like that lower horn? Lol

\00/
Yeah. I'm worried about that but what are you going to do.... to play or not to play? Sorry, I can't own a guitar and not play it. They're made to be played and I can't enjoy it by just looking at it. Caution and crazy stage antics will not be tolerated by the band or myself. All these new rules.... holds hand in the air. Lol
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:38 PM

If the top gets chipped, just replace that puzzle piece.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 11:46 PM

Ok, I'm not worried about any of that stuff in the least. I keep my guitars clean and I don't gig with them. Those crevices will be easy to clean.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Ive been all out obsessed with the RG20063 (maple and ovangkol) ever since seeing it on Rich's NAMM report. It just looks so stunning, so unique. Some people have issues with it (like keeping it clean) but that's hardly the point IMO. The thing is just beautiful! The colors remind me of ice cream, which coincidently, is also supremely awesome.

Congrats JCrafter, cant wait for those pics, seriously

\00/
I have to agree with you. It is drop dead gorgeous....
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 02:52 AM

Quote:
AWESOME!!!!!!!

Tags
fret inlay , peavey vandenberg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode