Quest atak 2 Matsumoko (SP.) guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Quest atak 2 Matsumoko (SP.) guitar

I picked this guitar up recently and man this little guitar rawks! I also scored a 1977 vintage Hofner six string dreadnought all laminate acoustic.

The Quest guitar is an eighties Japanese made guitar that plays extremely well and is of superb manufacturing. It had a mahagony laminate body, maple neck, Seymore Duncan humbucker retrofitted in the bridge position where a single coil used to be and the stock neck humbucker. This little guitar has odd body shape as it seems to be a cross between a strat and an explorer with more rounded lines and nice body contour It sounds great through my little Marshall lead 12.
I 'd love to find a Vantage guitar from that same era. Any of you out there familiar with this line of guitars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 03:37 PM

Reviews: 7
Re: Quest atak 2 Matsumoko (SP.) guitar

any pics?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 08:09 PM

I bought mine back in '85. I do like it because of it's small neck and it's not too heavy compare to my Les Paul.

Last edited by denthevetteman78; 02-12-2010 at 07:31 AM.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 10:09 PM

I added humbuckers from my epiphone Les Paul on it when i swap my epi pups for a set of Gibson 490r/498t. With the epi humbuckers it does have a nice heavy sound .

Last edited by denthevetteman78; 02-12-2010 at 07:33 AM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 09:31 AM

Reviews: 7

I like the shape
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 12:00 AM

It's hard to see in the pic but it slim down at the top were you're arm rest and the top at the back side is slim down to add confort when playing.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 02:55 PM

Looks awesome, but theres something i dont get: you took out a Duncan to put an Epi humbucker in?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianozz View Post
Looks awesome, but theres something i dont get: you took out a Duncan to put an Epi humbucker in?

mosinjoe said
'' Seymore Duncan humbucker retrofitted in the bridge position where a single coil used to be and the stock neck humbucker''.

I bought mine new and it didn't have a single coil so his was probably modify along the way.

It didn't have Duncan on mine, it had two cheap humbucker. it sounded like crap now it's a lot better. I might get GFS "Power Rails humbucker in the futur but now im happy with it. i usualy take my Les Paul. I only take that one for practice and more often it's unplug.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosinjoe View Post
I picked this guitar up recently and man this little guitar rawks! I also scored a 1977 vintage Hofner six string dreadnought all laminate acoustic.

The Quest guitar is an eighties Japanese made guitar that plays extremely well and is of superb manufacturing. It had a mahagony laminate body, maple neck, Seymore Duncan humbucker retrofitted in the bridge position where a single coil used to be and the stock neck humbucker. This little guitar has odd body shape as it seems to be a cross between a strat and an explorer with more rounded lines and nice body contour It sounds great through my little Marshall lead 12.
I 'd love to find a Vantage guitar from that same era. Any of you out there familiar with this line of guitars?
Hi, My first guitar I ever bought was a Quest guitar. I was 16 at the time and I bought it used from a friend for $100 with case and a stand. That was 21 years ago now and my old Quest was lost somewhere through the years. For years now I been looking to replace my 1st guitar just for sentimental value (may not have been the best guitar I played but she was the first. If that makes any sense) This is the first one I have seen that looks like the same model I had when i was 16. I am posting this with a very old and corny picture of me and the guitar, and high hopes that you might be willing to sell it to me. -Matt-http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=153627691344917&set=a.1052067261870 14.2795.100000930617206
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 12:27 PM

heres the pic..
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 02:30 AM

i have a red guitar like this its awesome, sounds great and looks beautiful!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 02:11 AM

I remember the Quests well. The lead guitarist in one of my first bands had a white Vantage super strat type thing. It had a locking tremolo which was very flash back then. He did an awesome version of Eruption on that beast. Nice!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 12:34 PM

Talking Re: Quest atak 2 Matsumoko (SP.) guitar

his guys im litterally a noob to this forum. i have owned a quest atak2 for about 14 years it has sat in its gig bag for the last 9 more than likely. yesterday for no apparent reason i decided to get it out , slap some new strings on and polish it up , it really plays like a sweetheart but in all honestly im a fender guy through and through!!

any one have an idea of what it could be worth as i maybe looking to give it a loving new home

thanks

Quest atak2

**i tried to post a link to a photo but i havnt got high enough posts?
but if you search "haaristwof twitter" its a fairly recent post saying quest atak

Last edited by haaristwof; 07-12-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode