Question about a 1990 Ibanez RG770 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

3Likes
  • 2 Post By Dychotomy
  • 1 Post By Formerly Given To Fly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Question about a 1990 Ibanez RG770

I've retired from playing and selling off most of my stuff. The one I'm struggling the most with is my orange maple sunburst 1990 RG770. I bought this new in 1991. That said, does anyone have a rough estimate of what I should be asking in the "For Sale" thread? I did change the bridge and neck pickup in around 92 to a Fred at the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck.

S/N Research:
Built: January 1990. serial: XXXXX
(factory: FujiGen Gakki, Nagano (19871996), Japan)

It has a couple of blems. One is in the top horn where the clear started to shrink and pull away. The other is at the top face of the guitar, same thing. Funny enough, I was so careful with this guitar, there is not a single scratch on the back.

Any assistance on an estimate would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_8150.JPG (1.05 MB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0025.JPG (859.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0027.JPG (1.33 MB, 36 views)
jono and FireEagle like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 09:08 AM

I saw a Lazer blue 1992 sell on reverb that was listed for $500. Don't know if that's what it sold for. Unfortunately the market is very soft. If you live in a Southwest metropolitan area it'll be better I think. I live in VA beach area & it's a buyer's market here. If I had the loot I'd take it off your hands & play that puppy lots & lots.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 08:26 PM

Re: Question about a 1990 Ibanez RG770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dychotomy View Post
I've retired from playing and selling off most of my stuff. The one I'm struggling the most with is my orange maple sunburst 1990 RG770. I bought this new in 1991. That said, does anyone have a rough estimate of what I should be asking in the "For Sale" thread? I did change the bridge and neck pickup in around 92 to a Fred at the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck.

S/N Research:
Built: January 1990. serial: XXXXX
(factory: FujiGen Gakki, Nagano (1987–1996), Japan)

It has a couple of blems. One is in the top horn where the clear started to shrink and pull away. The other is at the top face of the guitar, same thing. Funny enough, I was so careful with this guitar, there is not a single scratch on the back.

Any assistance on an estimate would be greatly appreciated.
You can research Sold Listings on Reverb and eBay to get a good idea what people have paid in the recent past. Sometimes, this doesn’t work if few similar guitars have actually sold. My intuition says $600 - $675 w/OHSC is a good price range, but my intuition and the real world can be out of synch. If you want to “haggle,” your starting price will need to be higher but I think the sale price would still end up being between $600 - $700.

That is a really cool guitar by the way.
jono likes this.

Last edited by Formerly Given To Fly; 02-23-2019 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Extra word
Formerly Given To Fly is online  
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Re: Question about a 1990 Ibanez RG770

Thanks for the responses. I didn't think it was worth much. I guess I'll just keep it until I find the right person for it. That axe has been around the world with me a few times and still rocks. Thanks again.

Tags
rg570 , rg760 , rg770

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode