Question about "Ibanez RG1527 Prestige" - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Question about "Ibanez RG1527 Prestige"

dude,

i dint quite get what you mean by the silver package...

i want to buy a 1527 but i've heard 7 string bridges have problems ...they get detuned and stuff...and i really do want to use the whammy/trem bar....

so can you tell me what kinda setup is required....i'm clueless....i'm from India...so dont ask me to go to some guitar shop in teh US....lol

i do own a JEM 555 ....that of course also does have a floating bridge....but sometimes i have problems setting that up as well...so that it doesn't go out of tune while using the trem bar...

help !!

Kern
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 03:25 PM

Re: Question about "Ibanez RG1527 Prestige"

i think your jem555 have the edge 3 term which isn't good while the RG 1527 come with edge pro which is great many people say its better than the orginal floyd rose another thing please move your post to the J-Custom, USA Custom & Prestige Ibanez Guitars you will get more answer there
best regards
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 03:57 PM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern dalton View Post
dude,

i dint quite get what you mean by the silver package...
Well, I ordered the guitar from ibanezrules.com (there is a link for it in the sponsor's bar). When you order from Ibanez Rules the owner of the site, Rich Harris will setup your guitar depending on what service you paid for http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/setup_levels.htm

Quote:
i want to buy a 1527 but i've heard 7 string bridges have problems ...they get detuned and stuff...and i really do want to use the whammy/trem bar....
My RG1527 came with an edge pro, which is a pretty great floating tremolo, and stays in tune. Since I ordered my guitar with the silver service level from ibanezrules.com I also got the locking stud mod, which makes trem hold its tuning even better. If you know how to setup a floating tremolo, you should have no problem with the RG1527.

Quote:
so can you tell me what kinda setup is required....i'm clueless....i'm from India...so dont ask me to go to some guitar shop in teh US....lol
If you get the guitar from a shop around you, you might have to make the usual small adjustments. You might have to adjust the truss rod, adjust the level of the trem, that kind of stuff. Also, ibanezrules ships internationally. Personally, if I were to buy another Ibanez, I'd buy it from Rich at Ibanezrules. He does an amazing job setting it up.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

hey !!

thanks for the quick reply guys !!

man..i did check out ibanez rules....pretty neat i must say....and quite thorough, from what a gathered...

but the thing is that they only have the Royal Blue 1527...and the thing is that i want the Galaxy White with maple fretboard.

and i was wondering if i'd be a problem ordering from the States....I'm gettin the guitar quite easily at a local store.... but yes....the stud Mods are quite interesting....wondering what to do...

Kern
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 04:30 AM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
hey !!

thanks for the quick reply guys !!

man..i did check out ibanez rules....pretty neat i must say....and quite thorough, from what a gathered...

but the thing is that they only have the Royal Blue 1527...and the thing is that i want the Galaxy White with maple fretboard.

and i was wondering if i'd be a problem ordering from the States....I'm gettin the guitar quite easily at a local store.... but yes....the stud Mods are quite interesting....wondering what to do...

Kern
He has the one in galaxy white w/ the maple fretboard. It's the RG1527M on his list of RG's.
Also, I don't know how bad the customs and tariffs are in India, but if they aren't so high I would highly recommend ordering the guitar from Ibanez Rules.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

hmmm....

i guess i should do that then...

and yes you are right...there is the 1527M ....i guess i dint see it earlier...

but man...there is this new guitar out in 2010 ....its the 1527MZ....basically the same guitar but with an EDGE ZERO bridge...any idea if this new bridge is better than the EDGE PRO.....coz the one that Ibanez will ship down is the older one...the 1527M.....

do you have any idea how i can know bout the customs etc....will ibanez rules be able to help me out with that..??

i'm gonna try sending them an e-mail....

thanks !!

Tags
trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode