Question about parts compatibility. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Question about parts compatibility.

I wanna swap the body on my RG520QS for a swirled body. All the bodies on e-*** are all like "Compatible with RG550 parts!" and etc. Well, I guess all I need to worry about is the AANJ neck pocket, and the Edge original bridge, as pickups and pickguards are pretty much the same on all RGs, to my knowledge.

So, long question short, would an "RG550" fit an Edge 1 and an AANJ neck? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:46 PM

Re: Question about parts compatibility.

yes and yes.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 12:15 PM

Borrowing the thread for a question.

Can you swap any floyd rose type of bridge with another without doing anything else than maybe modding the cut-out for the bridge?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veckans View Post
Borrowing the thread for a question.

Can you swap any floyd rose type of bridge with another without doing anything else than maybe modding the cut-out for the bridge?
I really don't see how your question relates to this thread at all. That having been said, the answer is sort of complex. The fact that you say "any floyd rose type" by itself will lead me to say no, you cannot necessarily swap any Floyd with any other Floyd even with minimal modifications.

In some few cases, a direct swap can be made with no modifications. In many (most?) others, a swap can be done with a bit of routing at the top of the guitar only. But I'm sure there are some swaps where heavy routing through the entire body would be needed, which may or may not even be worth the effort.

For a better answer, specifying what bridge the guitar is routed for versus specifically what bridge you'd like to install would be pretty helpful. And even then, a clear-cut "yes" or "no" may not be possible for various reasons.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 06:01 PM

The reason why I asked it in this thread is because I'm asking if you can change the floyd rose bridges between different ibanezes (parts compatibility you know?).

And the thing I wanted to know if the distance between the "poles" (or any other measurements that might affect apart from space in the body) that the bridge rest on is the same on all floyd rose bridges.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by veckans View Post
The reason why I asked it in this thread is because I'm asking if you can change the floyd rose bridges between different ibanezes (parts compatibility you know?).

And the thing I wanted to know if the distance between the "poles" (or any other measurements that might affect apart from space in the body) that the bridge rest on is the same on all floyd rose bridges.
Ibanez guitars do not come stock with Floyd Rose trems--they have various versions of the Ibanez Edge trems. That said, some are a drirect swap for others, some are not. You might want to start your own thread to get the proper replies. Or, as I always say--use the SEARCH function.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 07:35 PM

Thats why I originally wrote floyd rose type of bridge because I know the Ibanez trems arent real floyd rose, but everyone calls them that anyway.
It was just an idea I had that maybe all tremolos based on floyd rose maybe have a few standards that they follow for compatibility, so I asked about floyd rose in general.

But really, you do make a big deal about this. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread then. Didn't have the slightest clue that it could make people upset...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Some people are just like that man. Don't worry about it. I don't mind you using my thread, Im done with it anyways. lol. I don't believe different types of FR's are interchangeble, aside from really closely related ones. (IE: An Edge 1 and Edge 2, or a FR original and a Shaller FR original, may be interchangeble.)

Don't quote me on those examples though!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:56 PM

can i hijack this thread and ask a question bout my dog? i walks leans toward the left.. So i took a shim and placed it under his front left paw.. will i have to Re-fret his tail and shim his neck? his ears dont line up right...mm?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 06:56 AM

Talk about wierd people...
Had a bad day at work? Or is in school? Or maybe even kindergarten?

Anyway, to clearify:
Title: "Question about parts compatibility"
Edge, LoPro Edge, ZR = Parts
Will tremolo in guitar A fit in guitar B? = Question about parts compatibility

But seriously, go out and take a walk or something. You need to relax.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode