Question for etohk and anyone else who would like to chime in - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Question for etohk and anyone else who would like to chime in

Hi,
I just purchased an RGA121, Violin Flat. Should arrive Tues. I am looking to install EMG's in it, 60/81, and I have stumbled on/searched threads which indicate routing may need to be done to make them fit but I haven't noticed anyone stating that they did indeed have to do the routing.

I noticed that you have a 89 in yours. Did you have to route? I kinda wonder about this because EMG's are standard humbucker size pickups. 2.75 x 1.50. Any input would be appreciated.

Thnx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Re: Question for etohk and anyone else who would like to chime in

Er... Hello?

*tap* *tap* *tap* is this thing on?

Anybody?

*crickets*
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 02:21 AM

I think you're getting confused with the 7-string versions of the EMGs. On the 7-string versions they dont have ears for the screws to go through but rather the case extends all the way and needs more routing to fit. Ive got a EMG 81/85 set in my RG520QS and they fit in easily, although they are ring mounted.

So on the RGA121 it should fit easily.

Last edited by ibanez.shredder; 11-19-2005 at 06:54 AM.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 05:00 AM

Should be a direct fit more or less it's on the 7 strings you'll need to route.

Regards

André

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply's guys. Thats what I was hoping to hear.

I just remembered while researching the rga121 I came across some threads where some folks thought it would need to be routed but never read where someone actually had to route.

It will be a bit longer till I found out though. FedEx screwed up somewhere and now my package is delayed another 4 days longer. Grrrrrr....
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2005, 02:41 PM

Sorry Ibby, I just saw the thread....It was an 85, and I dont believe there was any need to route the guitar that I know of (It was professionally installed). I certainly havent noticed anything...Incidentally, I sold the guitar to Godkillcorn.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode