A question on my Ibby and selling it - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

A question on my Ibby and selling it

Okay, so I cant stand playing my RG370 anymore compared to my American Strat. I want ot sell it on the bay. It has a couple of dings on it, but no electrical problems. It also has an OFR installed. Would it make more sense to keep the OFR in it and sell it, or switch it out for an edge III? How much more would I get if I keep the OFR in it? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 06:55 PM

Re: A question on my Ibby and selling it

Probably not much more if anything. Usually mods dont add to the price of a guitar but they may help it sell faster.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Alrighty then. I'll keep the OFR and save it for a future prigect or a backup or something. Thanks.
Now, how much do you think I should ask for this guitar now in USD?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 12:40 AM

how much was it new?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

360 USD
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 01:10 AM

300 bucks is good, keep the edge iii in, the ofr wont raise it's value 180 bucks or anything
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 04:10 AM

Change back to stock, sell it
Pack up the OFR nice in its box, sell it
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 07:15 AM

Reviews: 18

300 is way too much IMO considering the guitar's got dings and chit. If you're going to put it on the bay, start the auction at 200 and do a 250 BIN. There's nothing that annoys me more than someone trying to sell a guitar and says "um, there's a few dings but it's in great condition".

Case in point, I drove 2 hours each way to meet a dude that was trying to sell me his JS1200 for 600 bucks. He had told me that there were only 2 scratches on the guitar that were less than 2" long and didn't go through the paint (I figured I could live with that for the price). The day before we met, he called me to confirm that I was still going to meet him and he surprisingly lowered the price by 25 bucks which, needless to say, surprised me so I went along with it. That saturday, I drove and met him and when he showed me the guitar, it had 2 NJFC's, numerous scratches all over the body, a weird ding that looked like a pellet had hit the guitar (it was like a bullet hole with cracks all around it, except there was no hole), and the tail of the trem was literally hitting the cavity and the front had been raised to the point that I could see underneath it and the red booties where the ball ends go. I told him what the guitar needed in terms of service and that his price was definintely too much for the condition the guitar was in and that I would give him between 300-400 at best. He had sent me pictures before but somehow was "unable to capture the scratches because they're so faint, you couldn't pick them up with a camera" (sound familiar?). So, I walked away from it. After wasting 4 hours on a saturday, he emailed me a few days later and told me he would take the 400 and that we could meet again at the same place (You can guess what was going through my mind at that point). Needless to say, I told him that I would give him 200 because of the amount of money I would have to spend to get it back to par and by the time it was all said and done I would be back up at spending 600+ on the guitar (I was thinking about sending it to Rich). He wound up selling it on the bay for 500 and some poor soul got a guitar in pretty poor shape. When I bought my JS1000 from a local guy, the only problems with the guitar were a couple of dimples on the finish that one can't really see unless you look for them (no scratches whatsoever or NJFC's).

Jimmy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode