Question regarding Prestige Wizard necks - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Question regarding Prestige Wizard necks

Hi All,

I own a used RG1570 and while I really like the sound of it, despite the few hot spots on the neck I have trouble holding it comfortably, because it is so thin. Sometimes the joint in my index and middle fingers end up hurting. Also I have a problem w/ pulling the treble E string off the bottom of the neck even after shifting the neck in the pocket.

Anyway, according to a list of Ibanez necks there was a change in neck width from 2003(and 2004 I'm assuming) necks to 2005.

Wizard Prestige 2003 648mm/25.5" 43mm 56mm 17mm 20mm 430mmR 2005-2009 648mm/25.5" 43mm 58mm 18mm 20mm 430mmR

It appears they made the necks 2 millimeters wider and a little thicker near the headstock. To make matters more confusing there is a Wizard HP Prestige neck. I had read on another forum that the HP neck introduced in 2010 was supposed to be easier to grip, but I'm not sure if the shape was changed.

Wizard HP Prestige 2010-2011 648mm/25.5" 43mm 58mm 18mm 20mm 430mmR

Does anyone know what this HP actually means and also if there is any noticable difference in the prestige necks made after 2005? I'm thinking of selling this and getting a newer prestige if the neck is a little fatter and possibly a different shape. What I would really like is a Wizard II Prestige or III neck of prestige quality on my RG. I always found the necks on the lower end models more comfy.

Maybe ESP or Jackson would fit my hands better? I really want a nice trem guitar that is comfy to play.

Thanks to anyone with some insight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

Re: Question regarding Prestige Wizard necks

Anyone?

Basically I'm wondering how do the HP prestige necks feel compared to the premium. The premium was slightly more comfy than my 2002 prestige, but maybe that was partially the rounder radius as well?

Tags
changes from '03 to '05.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode