Radiohead - trust me, this belongs here, I think - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Radiohead - trust me, this belongs here, I think

I really dig some of the tons Johnny Greenwood from Radiohead gets... I know he uses a lot of interesting guitars (can you say Broadcaster?)... does anyone know a lot about his gear setup as far as guitars go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Radiohead

I'm not a fan of Radiohead by any means so I don't know much about them, but seeing as how they're English I'll have a look through my old UK guitar mags for you, to see if I can dig up anything on them. I can't promise anything though cos I may well not have saved the mags that didn't have something else in them that interested me
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Radiohead

All I know is he uses a Starcaster a lot... I don't know much about those things... argh.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2001, 09:04 PM

Radiohead

This page should have some of what you are looking for. As far as I know the Starcaster he uses is a 1976 model. He also uses some different Tele's (usually 2 tone sunburst)I think some/one of them has a twin lace sensor at the bridge. I've seen his amps listed as including a Vox AC-30, Peavey 212 Chorus Amp, and Fender Twin Reverb and Deluxe 85 models.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2001, 03:02 AM

Radiohead

Dudes,
I know you're talkin bout Radiohead, but I only wanted to know if any of you knows how many (and which ones) guitars do Muse's singer/guitarist own.
I saw a Muse's gig, and trust me:
20 songs > 20 different guitars!!!!

I mean, those were guitars like Peavey EVH, '60 fat Strats, Parkers, PRSs, Les Pauls and so on!!!

Does anyone knows something about?

Thank,

nuno
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 10:08 AM

Radiohead

Heres what I know about the two groups,
Muse's guitar player/singer uses many guitars one perhaps two being that of the Manson custom variety, that come from here in sunny Devon. I don't know why he uses so many though.....
Johhny Green-wood (?) normally uses telecasters, he once had on that was customed and was doubble freated on one half and the other half was left freatless, this took a while for me to fuigure out what was happening and i still dont. He claimed that it would give him access to bizzare eastern scales, this guitar was stolen on 'the bends tour'. His effects are fairly normal with the usual array of overdrives and time based effects he also has a wah and a whammy pedal, and I think this goes in to a vox ac30, but dont hold me to that.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2001, 10:49 AM

Radiohead

I do know that Johnny Greenwood uses the Roland RE-201 and RE-301 Space Echo's.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 12:16 PM

Radiohead

Man, if I had a Broadcaster....I'd sell it and buy a few 2027s. lol
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2001, 05:57 PM

Radiohead

i know two of johnny's favorite fx are the marshall shredmaster and the digitech whammy. The kill swich in the guitar is also pretty vital (think last solo's in paranoid android), the guitar geek rig is fairly acurate like many people he chops and changes a bit, but hte rig is simple at its core (dirt box, whammy, delay pedal)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 12:58 PM

Radiohead

The chap form Muse is called Matt Bellamy. His guitars aare custom built by a UK builder called Andy Manson who I believe also makes some amazing acoustic guitars (dare I mention the "a" word on Jemsite!!). He has two main guitars based around a customised tele style design. One is black and features a theramine square on the top to control a wah effect. It also has a midi controller built in. The other Manson guitar has a metal finish and features a built in Japanese distortion box and a Roland Midi pickup. Matt gave an interview for the UK magazine "Guitarist" last month and there was loads of information on his guitars and effects. I believe it has been reproduced on their website www.guitarist.co.uk

Check it out!!

Tags
acoustic guitar , delay pedal , digitech whammy , fat strat , fender twin , fender twin reverb , guitar mag , lace sensor , les paul , les pauls , midi controller , twin reverb , whammy pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode