Re: Rare Rg 5 ??
HA! Some dimwit bought it for $699.
1) The seller is clearly intentionally misleading (ok, lying). One need only look at the Ibanez web site and one can see a bound neck that are not Prestiges or Jems. (RGT42, RG370, RG350, etc.) In fact more of the lower end guitars now have the binding than the high end ones do.
2) "Mother of pearl inlays"? I doubt it is real mother of pearl. It looks more like fake abalone.
3) Hahahahahahahaha. "The neck is also a 3 piece, not a cheap 5 piece". Huh?? One minute this moron is saying that the binding is typical of Prestige/Jem only and the next he says 5 piece necks are cheap, when all Prestige/Jem/J.Custom necks are 5 piece. Duhhh. And he says a 3 piece neck is one piece the neck, one piece the rod cover and one piece the fingerboard. Yet his own picture even shows the back of the neck is clearly multiple pieces.
4) He also implies that the Edge III is a better tremolo than the Prestige Edge.
5) Then again, it worked, he got someone to pay way more for this that it was worth. Caveat emptor.
I was in GC last night and their catalog had some new RG4EX models with flame tops that looked kind of cool but they didn't have any in the store.