Raven Guitars? - and especially the RX700 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2001, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Raven Guitars? - and especially the RX700

Has anyone heard about or have any experience of this company: http://store.yahoo.com/ravguitar/index.html

I wish there were better pics and more thorough specs, but all in all they seem suprisingly cheap (and don't you just love that blue/purple one! :D)
http://store.yahoo.com/ravguitar/ravquil7stri.html

IMO it would've been better if it was inlay-free and had chrome hardware...but that finish... :D

Judging from the prices, as I said, I feel a bit skeptical...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2001, 01:07 PM

Raven Guitars?

Yeah, I'd be curious to play one...I'm skeptical too. *They're often on ebay very cheap. *Dig the finish on this bass:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1446680794

Greg
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2001, 01:13 PM

Raven Guitars?

I bought one just before Christmas, and they are as good as any other import guitar (such as Jackson imports.) *Good customer support too, but of course that will depend on the person you're buying from.

I had a trans green flamed maple arch top, with natural binding with gold hardware. *I don't see that one on the site.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2001, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Raven Guitars?

Greg: oooh, looks like a snake :D

kirk: Ah, cool. So definitely worth its price then?

When I get some money (whenever that might be :| ) maybe I'll go for one...it would be cool if you could maybe get them to make one without those grisly inlays... :)

I'd exchange those pickups directly for a couple of nice DiMarzios of course.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 05:53 AM

Raven Guitars?

I wouldn't throw too much money into the guitar though. *Don't get nuts, but yes for the price it is a nice entry level guitar.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 06:33 AM

Raven Guitars?

yeah... I'd rather go for a Carvin which is going for 50% off now...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Raven Guitars?

Of course...I always seem to forget that Ibanezes are way cheaper in the States, whereas here they go for the US list prices IF LUCKY. For instance a brand new UV777PBK costs about $2500-2600 in Sweden, and a RG7421 about $800-900 which sucks (plus UVs are nigh impossible to find used). So to me that guitar sounded like a steal :) I have to keep reminding myself about it all the time. I should import from Japan...according to my calculations I would save about $500-600 on a UV777PBK for instance. Anyway, rant mode: off :)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 10:18 PM

Raven Guitars?

Kirk...you say these play just as good as any import guitar?

I must say my "import" Japanese made Jackson is incredible...never played a nicer guitar (although I can't play "high" end Ibanez because I'm lefty). Anyway... is the neck all access or have a huge plate in the back? These guitars are rather interestingly priced for their good looks and if they play as good as a Japanese Ibanez or Jackson they're definately worth the money.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2001, 05:12 AM

Raven Guitars?

FWIW they are made in Korea. *When I said they play as well as imports, I should have been more specific. *I would liken them to the Jackson Performers or Ibanez RG3/4's for sound. *They are probably made by Cort or Samick or one of the other mass production facilities that slap different names on the headstock.

The neck joint on the one I owned was rather large and clunky, but very similar to the neck joint found on some ESPs.

Tags
chrome hardware , flamed maple , neck joint

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode