rbm10 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

rbm10

just wanted a few opinions.....

a pawn shop in town has a rbm10 korean made for $209 and it has its fair share of problems, a big chunk of wood maybe 3/4 x 3/4 of an inch missing from the inside of the upper horn exposing the drilled out hole for the strap lock, also the the allen bolts on the neck are stripped out, and the gold hardware is flaking off which is no problem for me cause i hate gold and would replace it all anyway. but my main concern is that its korean. im ignorant when it comes to the actual reasons why the japans anr better than the koreans, is it better craftsmanship, better wood, or better hardware, or all of these things? knowing that im going to have to sink at least 400 bucks into this thing would it be a good deal if i could get em to come to down to say 175 bucks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 01:41 PM
EKG

I wouldn't get it, but that's me ;-)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 02:25 PM

It might make a good project if your handy with wood working(Sounds like alot of wood work to make it look nice).

Hardware on those is pure crap. Pickup's are prob pretty bad as well(pretty sure these didnt have the EMG's).

Be prepaired to do a Edge conversion on the trem, and maybe all new electronics(which will be prob over 2 bills.).

If your good with wood and have equipment to do a new top type of thing, go for it. If you never finished a wood project and did routing/planning, run like hell...
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 02:32 PM

I suggest a big no for that kind of cash just get a used 550 or 570 and customize it. Your probably gonna have hell getting the horn thing right and i dont know if that area would properly support straplocks ever again.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 03:16 PM

Certainly not worth it. You could get the Japanese model for less money than to get that Korean one working.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

i couldnt find any specs on the rb10 neck, would a neck from an S series fit without any serious mods?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

nobody wants to put a ruler to their reb beach neck for me?

might be a scooby snack in it for ya
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 07:21 PM

I think most people with experience moding has already voiced their opinion for you. Not too many RBM's out there for most people to be familier with mods on something like that since they are not a standard line thing.

I would suggest clicking on the swirly banner at the top and search his used items. There is a nice RBM with good hardware and no major mods necessary for a great price.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timanator
I think most people with experience moding has already voiced their opinion for you. Not too many RBM's out there for most people to be familier with mods on something like that since they are not a standard line thing.

I would suggest clicking on the swirly banner at the top and search his used items. There is a nice RBM with good hardware and no major mods necessary for a great price.
while i respect the vast knowledge of those on this board let it be known that i did and do take opinions into account, but im the kinda guy who would modify any guitar i bought so buying a more expensive guitar from rich wouldnt make much sense since i would shell out some cash to have it modded as well. and i know that my first requests for comments were pretty unanimous saying that the purchase would be ill advised, but i didnt think those opinions had anything to do with neck specifications.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 01:48 AM

In that case, Neck is the same as the one on Rich's site, except the guitar is crappier than the one he has.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 04:02 AM

no way.

Tags
strap lock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to tell a RBM1 vs RBM10
how to tell a RBM1 vs RBM10

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode